Honored Contributor

I'm using the Becca bronzer in Capri Coast for my fair skin. Unfortunately, it's not widely available except in secondary markets. I haven't hit pan yet, but I'll keep the suggestions in mind. 

Honored Contributor

"They" told me that fouundation, bronzer and blush shades depend on whether you're complexion is warm, cool or neutral.  

I'm neutral light beige complexion ... I was advised years ago to go toward slightly darker than my foundation with a peach undertone for bronzer and slightly darker than bronzer for blush.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I have never been able to find a bronzer for fair skin until Chanel Cream Bronzer in Light. It's the perfect tone, just adds a hint of color and not too oily and no shine.

It arrived a few weeks ago and I'm loving the look of healthy color.

Yes, pricey, but haven't made a dent in it using it daily. I tap my brush in it (comes in a huge jar). Since it's almost solid, not creamy like a moisturizer I tap off on my hand before applying to cheeks just below blush and a bit on the bridge of my nose. 

Fair skinned beauties, if in a dept. store that carries Chanel, please sample it in store. You'll be amazed at the life it adds to your face.

So you no longer use Charlotte Tilsbury Filmstar Bronzer tawny shade in a compact with a low shimmer?

@paixmcdao   The CT lasted for a few years, but when I hit pan, I realized my skin was becoming more dry and along with cream blush, I needed to find a cream bronzer. The CT was good because of the slight rosey tone which eliminated the need for blush on a fast make up day. 

The Chanel  bronzer is a light tan tone, so cream blush is still a necessity for me.

On 2/2, you mentioned only using the Tilbury bronzer, and never mentioned that it was drying. Today you said that you have been using the Chanel Bronzer daily, for a few weeks. I have noticed that some posters try products based on your recommendations. Confusing

“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
Frequent Contributor

Re: BRONZER FOR FAIR SKIN

[ Edited ]

@Shanus ,

This is from Chanel website. Which one is the one you are referring to or is it something actually called Light? Thanks!

390 - SOLEIL TAN BRONZE
392 - SOLEIL TAN MEDIUM BRONZE NEW
395 - SOLEIL TAN DEEP BRONZE

Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao   Not confusing since the temps have taken a dip here the last few weeks, heat on, fireplace has been on, too. Both of these can make my skin feel drier.  It's 41 degress here now before the game starts.   

I judge day to day which moisturrizers, cleansers, makeup I use depending how my skin looks that day or night. It varies.

CT bronzer is great for days when I feel my skin isn't feeling or looking dry. The Chanel bronzer is a cream and those days looks better and less flakey.

Honored Contributor

@jazzed wrote:

@Shanus ,

This is from Chanel website. Which one is the one you are referring to or is it something actually called Light? Thanks!

390 - SOLEIL TAN BRONZE
392 - SOLEIL TAN MEDIUM BRONZE NEW
395 - SOLEIL TAN DEEP BRONZE

@jazzed   Sorry for confusion: since the other two are medium and deep, I refer to #390 Tan Bronze as Light.

Frequent Contributor

Re: BRONZER FOR FAIR SKIN

[ Edited ]

@Shanus   Excellent. Thank you! Thought maybe they had sold out of one or I had the wrong item.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Isn't it great when you find something that works so well 🫠  just curious if you've ever tried the Charlotte Tilbury cream bronzer?  I wear fair.  It blends effortlessly. You have me wanting to try the Chanel bronzer but I will resist since I have plenty.  Rare Beauty cream bronzers are also excellent imo

Respected Contributor

@Shanus @I have worn this for years! I really like it. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   The Chanel bronzer seemed to have the best undertone for my skin....no orange or red underneath. 

I've been looking into other dept. store brands slowly replacing a lot of my Bobbi Brown. Chanel was a spluge, for sure.