Honored Contributor

@JudyL   So great that you're retired and have the time now just for you. I'm getting closer to voluntarily retiring, too...only working when I want to now.

I have many outside interests to keep busy like painting, writing, etc. and hope you find many, as well.

Pampering? I do love a candlelit bath at night. It signals bedtime to me. I slather myself with lotion, especially feet and cotton socks, get into a snuggly robe and read or write in my journal. 

Within an hour I'm dozing off.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Congratulations @JudyL .  Now comes the hard part, deciding what to do with the rest of your life.

I just celebrated (?) 25 years of retirement on January 31.  I've pretty much wasted my time, especially the last 4 years which I've lived in virtual isolation.  I hope you have family and friends around you to share the years and good times.  Enjoy yourself above all else!

@Kachina624 - I have to say something. You may THINK you've wasted your time, but look at the lives you've touched here on the forums! I'm sure there are many - like me - who look forward to your advice and your humor.

Even if we can't get out we can still make a difference in someone's day. You and many others have done that for me!

(Still working, part time!)  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom   Thank you so much for your kind wirds.  You brought tears to my eyes.  I treasure all my friends here and look forward to visiting with them each day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your retirement. I retired in April 2022, I like having my life to myself and my stress level has decreased significantly. But I still haven't figured out what my next chapter will be. I'm thinking of taking some college classes in art, music. As for beauty pampering. I'm still doing the things I have always done. I also prefer showers. I love Korres products. I use a scented shower gel and the matching body lotion. My skin feels and smells heavenly. I have natural nails and I learned how to do my own mani pedi from YouTube. I find the process calming, therapeutic. I go slow and tune everything else out.  I do my facials and my hair early Sunday morning when everyone else is sleeping.  I am an early riser.  I have curly hair and I have fallen in love with it.  And I'm letting the gray grow in.  Looking forward to having a head full of silver curls someday.  I do do deep conditioner, sometimes I use a hair mask.  I do the same things, I just have more time time in which to do them.  I can relax and enjoy my pampering.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations on your retirement! It's been almost three months for me and I have yet to do any self-pampering... lol.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your retirement!  

For pampering I get my nails done every two weeks.  I've been going to the same person for over 25 years and she went from a girl just out of school to a middle aged woman with a child in college.  I like to see the regulars and we have some great conversations!

I also got a bathroom renovation last summer so I like to take a nice hot bath.  I got some bath bombs for Christmas that I've been using.  

It's been extremely cold here this weekend but on Monday it's supposed to warm up a bit.  I'm getting together with a friend and we're going to a tea house and having lunch.  They do an English tea.  Looking forward to that!

If I'm going to be really indulgent I will eat my favorite things....chocolates, etc.  I've been trying to be good right now and have been eating low carb.  However you deserve to do whatever you want and eat whatever you want right now!  Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 - thank you Haddon!  A few posters have mentioned that they treat themselves to manicures every 2 weeks.  I used to have my nails done every 2 weeks also but quit when my manicurist became ill with cancer and stopped.  Never bothered to find anyone else but now feel like I may want to have them again.   It was always a nice treat and I enjoyed how my nails looked and got compliments on them.  Was given some Sees chocoate - think thats a CA brand of chocolate - from a friend yesterday so have been indulging in that treat a bit today.  Trying to limit myself to 2 pieces a day! LOL

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  - Congratulations 🥂 💐

My suggestion - join a gym, Yoga and or Pilates studio

You will make new connections/friends. 

Yoga and Pilates is excellent for flexibility and balance - and so good for your mind and sense of well being

I think you should also treat yourself to a Spa treatment or weekend. A weekend jaunt to Napa (yes!!!) I like an occasional splurge to a spa to experience the new treatments or products. 

Here's what's trending..,

GOLD MASSAGES

Gold massages are done with 23-karat gold. This treatment strengthens the skin’s immune system, lowers stress while restoring vitality, thanks to a pleasant and relaxing experience. After the golden massage, the skin gains a sparkling look, giving it a visibly shiny glow.

Contemporary medicine has proven the benefits of gold on the human organism, which is the main cause of the popularity of “gold SPA treatments” worldwide. During the treatment, gold in its smallest particles is used, so that the golden leaves’ molecules may penetrate the body more easily and give a feeling of peace and relaxation.

Not only does this massage positively impact skin, but also helps in depression recovery, headaches and even heart diseases in some cases

SpaSeekers.com analyzed internal booking data as well as consumer search data to reveal the treatments and experiences that are seeing the biggest increase in demand.

Up by 91% are crystal healing massages. An alternative treatment, this type of massage involves placing various healing minerals and crystals around clients, so that they can benefit from the healing properties of the crystals while receiving their relaxing massage.

According to the research, unique massage treatments are set to be extremely popular with consumers in 2023, with traditional Turkish bath massages up 85% and gold massages (a massage carried out using 23-karat gold, giving the skin a dewy glow) also up by 84%. Ayurveda massages ranked in ninth position, with searches for the traditional massage, which uses specific warm oils to restore the body’s balance, up by 50% in the last year.

The most popular facial treatments in 2023 are lymphatic drainage facials (+83%) and light therapy facials (+49%). Light therapy facials use LED light technology to improve the skin’s texture, with fans of the treatment benefitting from reduced inflammation and acne. Lymphatic drainage facials are known to bring about similar benefits, as well as improving puffy and dull skin, with the treatment involving lymph drainage massage techniques to drain toxins from the skin.

Sound baths, colonic hydrotherapy and salt saunas all also featured in the top trending treatments of this year, with searches having increased by 83% for each. Sound baths offer participants the opportunity to be bathed in sound as a form of meditation and relaxation, which has exploded in popularity and is now offered in many spas as a result.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri