Valued Contributor

I went to Ulta to buy a product with a bonus. They were out of the bonus that I really wanted.

Contributor

Re: Another gripe about Ulta

i don't often go in ulta, but something i wonder is do you have to ask for the bonus products?? at the store here evidently you do. i've never gotten a thing. ha, every time my sister comes to town she always wants to go there (even having one where she lives) and they always give her a bag of goodies & coupons. i figure she is like a vip customer & it must show when she checks out.

Contributor

Didn't they offer anything else??? You maybe should phone first next time, and if they're out, order online.

I never had that problem, but boy, I do with dept. store fragrance/makeup counter gals!!! My friends who spend $$$$$$$$$$$$ there get bags and bags of deluxe samples, tons of goodies/freebies, while they NEVER seem to have even one fragrance sample for me.

Valued Contributor

I wanted to purchase a BM set with bonus. I mentioned this to the sales girl on the floor who said they were out of these bonuses. She did offer something else which I wasn't interested in. She said the bonuses for BM always go very fast. There were 3 tables of BM products. I was surprised that they were out. Maybe I'm unique in that the bonus was what prompted me to want to buy the kit. With so many BM products in the store I really expected they would have had more of the published bonus available. Thank you for your replies. In the future I will check online.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm more convinced than ever that when Ulta has these bonus offers and special prices on full sizes during their 21 Days of Beauty type events that they only have a handful per store. They probably should print a disclaimer like retailers do for Black Friday deals which states a specific number per store. That way if it's something a customer really wants they might make more of an effort to get there at store opening instead of waiting until it's more convenient for them to go.

It doesn't take Columbo to figure it out that corporate only wants them to sell/or give away a certain number of units. If you go into one of their stores and are told the special item is gone-- go back the next day early and that item will be back on the shelves at its regular price. Santa Claus didn't stop by overnight. This tells me they are shucking and jiving their customers. For you youngsters that's '70s slang for being played for a fool.