Valued Contributor

Seriously? I mean I know it's an old tradition that's gone by the wayside that you HAVE to be or should be a Virg- in order to wear a pure white gown- but even the style is absurd with her past daliences ( where the heck is spell-check?) and previous "adventures" and wasn't she married before? So 2 white gowns? That's a stretch. Yeah, I'm older and old-fashioned but I find her choice ridiculous and a veil to boot! And now she's an Ambassador -- well people change I guess- but even "DAD" didn't get invited. That's not nice.

Honored Contributor
The wedding was held for and mostly planned by their kids. I doubt they have much concept of what a 2nd or 3rd time bride should wear. The reception was a pizza party. There were only 20 guests. They have a right to do what's best for their family. I say bravo! For considering the feelings of the kids.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

You are being very, very outdated, old- fashioned and ridiculous. Your Dark Ages rules haven't applied for a long, long time. You know, it's 2014 !!!

Sounds like you are the type to still brand women with the Scarlet Letter. A bit judgmental, aren't we???

Trusted Contributor

Angelina and Brad's marriage was for the children and to cover them in health issues and legal issues (she fears her genetic history). So, the gown, decked out with drawings by the children, was for them. They don't play by convention in anything they do. It's their life and their family.

I also do not think it is right, and / or respectful, to criticize other people's views on this subject. Take your own advice and let people have their individual opinions.

Valued Contributor
She took my breath away and that is truly the most special wedding dress I have ever seen! What you see as absurd I see as a mother's love.
Esteemed Contributor

Photos HERE

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

How wonderful that the children helped plan the wedding.

Regarding the idea of the wedding gown concept. I thought this was interesting:

White became the color of the wedding dress only after 1840. Queen Victoria’s wedding to Albert of Saxe-Coburg had a great influence in marriage ceremonies. She dressed in white. Victoria chose this color because she wanted to prove that she can lead her people towards savings. White is the cheapest color, because there is no need to paint the fabric. In addition, the queen had another reason, she didn’t want to change the white lace she had already ordered. Though brides continued to dress in other colors, the Queen launched a trend that gradually has become today’s bridal dress code.

The white wedding dress is not, as believed, the symbol of purity.

And:

Because of the limitations of laundering techniques, white dresses provided an opportunity for conspicuous consumption They were favored primarily as a way to show the world that the bride's family was so wealthy and so firmly part of the leisure class that the bride would choose an elaborate dress that could be ruined by any sort of work or spill. The color white was also the color girls were required to wear at the time when they were presented to the court.

Respected Contributor
On 9/2/2014 dgluvr said:

Seriously? I mean I know it's an old tradition that's gone by the wayside that you HAVE to be or should be a Virg- in order to wear a pure white gown- but even the style is absurd with her past daliences ( where the heck is spell-check?) and previous "adventures" and wasn't she married before? So 2 white gowns? That's a stretch. Yeah, I'm older and old-fashioned but I find her choice ridiculous and a veil to boot! And now she's an Ambassador -- well people change I guess- but even "DAD" didn't get invited. That's not nice.

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

Ring Ring Hello 1950 is calling It want's it's wedding etiquette back! PS, you forgot to call Angie a harlot while you were dissing her unique and special way of including her children in the wedding gown they wished to see their Mom wear. Kudos to Angie and Brad for continuing in their own traditions for having a one of a kind family life that suits them no matter what anyone thinks!

Honored Contributor
On 9/2/2014 virgosun said:

Ring Ring Hello 1950 is calling It want's it's wedding etiquette back! PS, you forgot to call Angie a harlot while you were dissing her unique and special way of including her children in the wedding gown they wished to see their Mom wear. Kudos to Angie and Brad for continuing in their own traditions for having a one of a kind family life that suits them no matter what anyone thinks!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}