Honored Contributor

I'm of the mind why spend money on something I can do very well myself.  

However, had one massage given to me as a gift...never again.  

Trusted Contributor

Had a manicure once and pedicure, got a toenail fungus.  Never again!!  I do it myself or do without,  Not missing anything...

Frequent Contributor

Azcowgirl.

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn"t like strangers touching me.

Occasional Contributor

No.  Add me to the list, FlowerBear.  

Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear  I've never had any of those, either...looks like there are quite a few of us!

Honored Contributor

I'll join your club too. Don't want to be a pampered pooch. I have a nail file, clippers and polish at home! My husband can provide a back rub or foot massage and all is good.

Honored Contributor

I've had all of them, but not regularly. You can do them almost as well for yourself except for the massage. I'd say a manicure is the most bang for your buck because you get a paraffin and cuticle treatment as well as a hand and arm massage. It's sort of like a massage lite and you don't have to get undressed.

Right now, you wouldn't catch me having any of these things done because they are very close contact activities. You can sometimes feel or hear the person breathing on you during them. The safest might be the pedicure because at least your face is farther away from the attendant. But pedicures are the most prone to other sorts of infections, so...

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Am i the only one that has never had a 

facial

manicure

pedicure

massage

As you can tell Im very low maintenance lol.  But I do my skin care and take care of myself. Just never felt the need to do any of the above. Cat Very Happy

@FlowerBear    No you are not alone.  I have never done any of these things either.  I also have never sent  a text or received one... never driven on a freeway... and I could go on and on!

Honored Contributor

I’ve never had a mani, pedi, or facial. I had a couple massages as part of physical therapy which helped, but my insurance refused to pay for them so I stopped. I’m not really crazy about strangers touching me. The only exception would be my doctors, and they’re not really strangers. 

Honored Contributor

I've never had a facial but I've had a manicure or pedicure maybe like five times. I have no interest in investing the time and money. It's not a priority for me. 
I have had massages but I really didn't find it relaxing at all.