Frequent Contributor

Algenist black label moisturizer

Did anyone order? I thought that the  Algenist Genius line took care of deep set wrinkles. I don't understand why I need another product from their black label line when the Genius line should help with this. So confused when additional products are added to an already good line. Not sure if it's truly necessary.

if you order, please advise if you see a big difference with the black label  if you already have the genius line.

thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Algenist black label moisturizer

@Tibard1 wrote:

Did anyone order? I thought that the  Algenist Genius line took care of deep set wrinkles. I don't understand why I need another product from their black label line when the Genius line should help with this. So confused when additional products are added to an already good line. Not sure if it's truly necessary.

if you order, please advise if you see a big difference with the black label  if you already have the genius line.

thanks!

Did you read the ingredient decks from both products to determine the difference?  Very often it is simply branding that is the difference.  Same ingredients, maybe toss in another, change up the percentage a smidge on an ingredient or two and then change the labeling.  Oh, and of course, increase the price.

Trusted Contributor

Here is a compare of ingredients, Genius & Power (black label)

Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Chlorella
Protothecoides Oil, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Butyrospermum
Parkii (Shea) Butter, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Algae Exopolysaccharides, Vegetable
Collagen, Ceramide 3, Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Astragalus
Membranaceous Root Extract, Atractyloides Macrocephala Root Extract, Iris Florentina Root Extract,
Bupleurum Falcatum Root Extract, Methyl Glucoside Phosphate Proline Lysine Copper Complex,
Stearalkonium Bentonite, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium
Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol,
Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance (Parfum), Coumarin

Algenist POWER Advanced Wrinkle Fighter Moisturizer

Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Palmitic
Acid, Stearic Acid, Chlorella Protothecoides, Algae Exopolysaccharides, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon)
Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Pyrus
Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Collagen, Sodium PCA, Ribose, Sodium Lactate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root
Ferment Filtrate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Dimethicone, Tetradecyl
Aminobutyroylvalylaminobutyric Urea Trifluoroacetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl
Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Sorbate,
Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol,
Fragrance (Parfum).

Respected Contributor

They changed the ingredients that give skin feel which are about the first six.  They changed the botanical extracts and added a tripeptide to the Power moisturizer.  The only big change or addition is the tripeptide, tetradecyl Aminobutyroylvalylaminobutyric Urea Trifluoroacetate.  It's not an especially pricey peptide.  IMO, this is a six of one vs. half a dozen of another toss up.  

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Ladies. You just saved me from a buy that I don't need since I already use a peptide in my serum. Thanks again and happy new year!