Frequent Contributor

Advice needed - Anyone with first-hand knowledge

I know the beauties on this site have vast experience - my question is how does pure argan oil compare to Dr. Denese's hydroshield? I'm looking for a less expensive alternative & there must be someone on this forum that has used these two products. I have very dry, sensitive skin. Appreciate the help.

Valued Contributor

Re: Advice needed - Anyone with first-hand knowledge

I have tried both, and neither fit the bill for me. If I had to choose between the two, I would choose an oil (but not necessarily argan) over hydroshield.

Respected Contributor

Argan oil is a pure oil but hydroshield is a mix of silicone chemicals. Some love HS for its ability to lock in moisture. I love pure argan oil and don't care for HS.

Esteemed Contributor

I am currently using both. I have been using Argan oil for a good year and love it. I did, however, want to try the hydroshield so purchased a trial package of different items which included a small bottle of HS. I have to say that I really like both. What will probably keep me staying with the argan oil is the cost factor. Although the HS is very expensive, it only takes a tiny amount, so it will last a long time.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Frequent Contributor

Thanks ladies! I knew there would be someone with knowledge of both.

Occasional Contributor

Just in case you didn't see it yet, QVC has a beauty sampler right now that contains both the Hydroshield and Josie Maran's Argan Oil Light. Smile

It's $19.00, Shipping included, On 3 Easy Pays right now.

Here's the item number:

A262881 - QVC Beauty Favorites 6-piece Collection

Includes:

• 1-fl oz First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
  • 0.3-fl oz Dr. Denese Hydroshield Face Serum
  • 0.13-fl oz tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
  • 0.5-fl oz Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer
  • 0.5-fl oz Josie Maran Argan Oil Light
  • 0.24-fl oz Alterna 2-in-1 Volumizer
Super Contributor

I have to say that I have grown to love argan oil...I use it only at night in the winter or in the summer after a day of sun---sometimes in the morning if I have ten minutes for it to sink in. It is especially great if you are using a serum or other skin care and you want moisture but don't want to irritate your skin. It is great to remove the last vestiges of eye makeup or to sooth chapped lips. Just a good non-irritating source of moisture. (I have normal to dry skin)