Re: “2023”~Everyone, Please Join Us!

Hi and Happy Sunday to all..

@MariotaMurielle 

Are you feeling Ill?

Hope you are better soon.

Sorry to hear about your tomato plants!

@SleeplessinSD 

Thank you for your kind words.

We have cool, chilly weather and rainy right now...more wet than rain.

Watched a movie I'd never seem before last night.."Meet Joe Black" with Anthony Hopkins and Brad Pitt. WOW Brad Pitt really did favor Robert Redford back then. It's nice to find movies from that era thst are new to me!

Did you know that Gordon Lightfoot passed away? One of my favs..😰

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi all.

@LTT1, thank you, but I'm not ill. just having my usual insomnia. Meet Joe Black is a sweet movie. Anthony Hopkins is one of my favorite actors, and Brad Pitt is good actor too and pretty easy on the eyes.

I went to a garden center today and bought some Sunpatiens, hot pink impatiens. I was told they love western exposure and shouldn't die if I forget to water them for a day or two, although I'm really going to make an effort not to forget. I also bought a cherry tomato plant and a regular tomato. I realized when I was putting the impatiens in the pot that they are really too big. I'll probably go back soon and buy some smaller ones for the planters and replant these somewhere else.

it was so hot and very humid today and while I was at the garden center I was sweating buckets. so many people smiled at me and said hello I was beginning to wonder if I had melted mascara running down my face. I checked in the mirror when I got back in the car Smiley Happy . but no, they were just being friendly.

I love beautiful flowers, but I am just not made for being out in the sun and heat. it's a reminder that I have to garden in short increments.

No photo description available.

@SleeplessinSD, I had a $15 off coupon for the Q and bought a linen blend black & white gingham shirt and black crop pants from the Susan Graver line. I've never bought anything of hers before, so I'm hoping I'll like them.

we're having Natchitoches Meat Pies for supper. easy and delicious.

I have my ophthalmology appointment tomorrow afternoon. I have a feeling my prescription has changed a little.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Hancock county sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

C575F889-86DD-46CE-B638-F619D63D617C.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle Finished my outdoor planters and I included sunpatiens are in all six pots. I also included petunias, coleus and ivy. Instead of putting tall ornamental grasses in the center of my planters, I'll add decorative solar lights. Just spread seeds in my large flower bed since potted plants are so expensive. I'm hoping for lots of color from asters, zinnias and cosmos. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

walking buddy neighbor is on way home from work so have to get ready we will be hoofing it shortly

hung clothes out today first time in ages. mix of sun/clouds today windows open

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Good Evening Everyone.. 

@AuntG , your planters sound really nice. I like the idea of adding the decorative solar lights!

@MariotaMurielle , I never made it to the nursery. I really don't need anything, just wanted to see what they had and also pick up some plant food. I like Sunpatiens. . I'm sure they'll spread so something  smaller for your pots is probably better. I hope you like your Susan Graver items. I have bought some of her things, but it's been a while. I'm not crazy about her liquid knit. Her clothes, I think too, have gotten expensive. Let us know. I also heard Shop HQ was being dropped from Comcast/Xfinity. I think you liked some beauty items from there? You might be able to find the show somewhere else..

@LTT1 , Gordon Lightfoot was a favorite of mine too. Sad to hear of his passing. I don't think I've seen Meet Joe Black. I can see the resemblance between Robert Redford and Brad Pitt. Both so good looking! And anything Anthony Hopkins is great!

I hope everyone's doing well and had a good day. it was a typical Monday here. I Swiffered my floors and did some laundry. DH helped and did a few chores too...

Good Night😴 

~H~
Honored Contributor

hello all

coolish , drizzley type of weather today,cloudy, did get a quick walk in.

nurse lady due here shortly ok guys later

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning! It's a beautiful day here..the ☀️ is shining! Everything's blooming! Everyone have a great day!

5AA8E348-7226-454D-9A12-EEE4291861F3.jpeg

~H~
Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone

Sorry to be away for so long.  I have been so busy settling my DB's affairs since he passed away in February.   It would take too long to describe everything, but it's been quite involved and stressful.  Been busy with doctor's appointments also for myself and DH.  I'm doing well according to my cardiologists, DH is having some problems, so we are dealing with those.  DH's sister lives in Idaho and she is a breeder of white English labs.  They are beautiful.  Well, she called DH about a month ago and asked if we wanted  a puppy.  At first I said no, but then she sent me the pictures and I just couldn't;t resist since I've jad labs most of my life.  We are getting "Cooper" next week. He's a little over two months old, almost three months.   Our dogs Blake and Bailey will be 13 in June 30th.  Will see how they will tolerate the puppy.  I named my DS as Cooper's puppy god-father so to speak.  ;o;   We are going a away for a few days to see the kids for Mother's Day.  Leave Thursday and will be back May 16th.  I javen't had a chance to read all the posts Hope to do that real soon. Miss everyone, hope everyone is doing well.  

Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone

Forgot to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day!!  DH's sister sells the English lab puppies to a lot of people all over the country.  I was surprised her customers were that widespread.  

Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone

@viva923   Sorry to hear about your DSIL having a stroke.  Hope he is doing better.  @MariotaMurielle   Love Ezra's curly hair.  What a doll.