Honored Contributor

Re: Your 'treasured memory items''?

[ Edited ]

I have furniture, jewelry, China, silver...some from great grandparents. I have a tiny emerald ring my grandmother gave me when I entered first grade. A framed studio photo of my mother when she was 18. Another large one of my father when he was a child, it's in a gold frame with convex glass. A twin bed his grandfather made for him when he was a boy. A children's book my grandmother received from her great aunt in England.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

items that belonged to my deceased son-his wallet, keychain, tee shirts. of course a small urn and jewelry pendants with his ashes. My daughter's first baby blanket. The 1950 nursing school textbook with my mother's graduation photo labeled as "Figure 1: A Professional Nurse". My grandma's engagement ring. Many other things that are precious to me. My daughter knows that when I die, all of the special memory items will go to her. She can do with them what she wants. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I have my Grandmothers cook book. It's dated around early 1900 from Peoples Gas and I have to get it rebound but there's a recipe for porridge and bring a good wife by cooking it ALL NIGHT. I should spend the big bucks to get it rebound. 

Respected Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

I have my Grandmothers cook book. It's dated around early 1900 from Peoples Gas and I have to get it rebound but there's a recipe for porridge and bring a good wife by cooking it ALL NIGHT. I should spend the big bucks to get it rebound. 

wow that is so cool! What a treasured antique. 

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

I was thrilled when my DS and DDIL..wanted my parent's china..He said now Grandma and Grandpa have every holiday with us!

Honored Contributor

I have a lovely antique chair that was in my grandparent's granary. I had it refinished and reupholstered and treasure it. It sits next to my fireplace.