Esteemed Contributor

Re: YEE-HAW! WAY to go, @Wayne-QVC

Why can't they just ban her?  She always uses the same username.  She has been banned on some of the other sites she posted on.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Why can't they just ban her?  She always uses the same username.  She has been banned on some of the other sites she posted on.

The $64,000 question is why the moderators don't ban obvious trolls and truly egregious multi-repeat offenders, but they don't.

I suspect it would then open the 'individual moderator's decision' can of worms. Or maybe QVC doesn't want to ban anyone since the "new" forums started. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I suspect the Mods don't have the power to ban.  We have one still active who is so obvious and apparently has been banned under her previous names.

Honored Contributor

Posters have received "time outs". Mellie said she was banned. Read it on the other place awhile ago.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Moonchilde wrote:

Says volumes about the age and education of Our Pet Troll that (1) they have never changed their username, and (2) they really don't change their c&p story much either. I'm betting they also don't change where (sites) they post this drivel.

So...young and d**b and inept computer-wise.

It turns out the person(s) behind the "I'm so upset" series has numerous nicknames across the internet.    In just looking for a few minutes at one of the "Let Me Google That For You" results, I saw that the user account had been removed/blocked/banned, then the same copy/paste posts were added under new names.    I also saw one person on a site saying they went "down the rabbit hole" looking at past posts across the net, and discovered countless nicknames and variations on the stories for years.    It's the strangest bit of trolling I've ever seen.Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Says volumes about the age and education of Our Pet Troll that (1) they have never changed their username, and (2) they really don't change their c&p story much either. I'm betting they also don't change where (sites) they post this drivel.

So...young and d**b and inept computer-wise.

It turns out the person(s) behind the "I'm so upset" series has numerous nicknames across the internet.    In just looking for a few minutes at one of the "Let Me Google That For You" results, I saw that the user account had been removed/blocked/banned, then the same copy/paste posts were added under new names.    I also saw one person on a site saying they went "down the rabbit hole" looking at past posts across the net, and discovered countless nicknames and variations on the stories for years.    It's the strangest bit of trolling I've ever seen.Smiley

That IS weird. I didn't actually go hunting myself, just took what I read from others at face value, but had not read that there were multiple nics; last I read, they were tracked with one nic.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Posters have received "time outs". Mellie said she was banned. Read it on the other place awhile ago.

But as far as I've been able to tell, the bannings, time outs, etc. were under the OLD forum system.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

But as far as I've been able to tell, the bannings, time outs, etc. were under the OLD forum system.

No. I know of one who got the time out and stated it on this new forum. Mellie was here posting pic for her classroom on this forum. Then....poof, she's gone.

Respected Contributor

Perhaps Wayne could visit some of the other threads that are off the chain and need reviewing. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

Boy am I behind the times. You can Google where people post by a username?

What is "Let Me Google That For you"??