Honored Contributor

Re: There's freedom in just being yourself.

[ Edited ]

I live in New York. Frankly, I see more women dressed like that than classic clothing. I love seeing a woman dressed in classic clothing, nothing too "look at me","look at me." And there's freedom in that too, if that's how you roll.😉

Trusted Contributor

I don't think she deserves to be mocked for what she is wearing.

I like her scarf and handbag.  

I don't like the lavender jacket the other woman is wearing, either.

Honored Contributor

I don't see *look at me, look at me*, but what she's wearing is *hip* to her and many.

I'm kinda matchy- matchy, those colors do NOT go with my coloring.  Hair especially. 

That's why I liked the lavendar jacket.  Purples speak to me now.  When I had major blonde highlights, I could wear the colors she's wearing. 

No longer, though, and that's okay.....

(I've never worn anything like that around my neck.)  Scarf, yes, if it was freezing out.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I don't see *look at me, look at me*, but what she's wearing is *hip* to her and many.

I'm kinda matchy- matchy, those colors do NOT go with my coloring.  Hair especially. 

That's why I liked the lavendar jacket.  Purples speak to me now.  When I had major blonde highlights, I could wear the colors she's wearing. 

No longer, though, and that's okay.....

(I've never worn anything like that around my neck.)  Scarf, yes, if it was freezing out.

I guess I see people dressed like that often because they never got over trying to look "cool". It was a thing when I grew up in the 60's. I still have a lot of people in my life in their 70's where looking "cool" is still important to them @Lucky Charm 😀

Esteemed Contributor

She looks to be past the age of giving a bleep what people think of her clothing choices.  When you're young it's oh so important to fit in.  And truthfully no one pays much attention to people over 60 anyway. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Funny, I don’t think what she’s wearing is very unusual, at least not around here or even when I go to the PNW to visit family.

Maybe it’s different in other areas of the country. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree  I would wear that outfit in a heartbeat and most days I kind of do. She looks great and I'm sure she has some interesting stories to tell. She would be a friend of mine for sure. I love her individualistic confidence.

She seems very comfortable in her own skin.

IMO, she doesn't look shabby. She actually looks polished to me in her own style. Coat looks expensive and eyeglass frames are super.

Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

I am sure that she fit in perfectly 55 years ago when she originally wore that outfit.  Make love not war.

facebook_1711482456869_7178477714779396527.jpg

The History Of Hippies: The '60s Movement That Changed America

hanger cheap!: Musical inspiration for the hanger | Бохо, Стиль 1960-х годов, Хиппи стиль одежды

😍I LOVE these photos!💝 Each paints a portrait of individuals that are true to themselves!!👍 They BUCK trends, and do not allow anyone to dictate how they should dress, be, or who they are; embracing their individuality!💝 THAT is a most beautiful thing!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

A lot just depends on your personality. Overconfident...Not confident. What we see does help form an opinion of a person....but what's underneath it all may or may not be what we think.  This woman could be confident or not. It's really what's in her heart that  matters.

Honored Contributor

I love the woman's confidence.

Just because some of us are older doesn't mean we have to become fuddy duddies or 1950s stereotypical old ladies. 

Don't judge. Your day will come.