Valued Contributor

Re: *****SHABBAT SHALOM MARCH 15th*****

@MOMMAVik  beautiful picture of Hydrangeas!

Respected Contributor

Good Shabbos everyone,

Taking a sec out to  wish all a peaceful, healthy weekend. 

mr henny had surgery on his leg yesterday so I am trying to get stuff done around here.

Need to order a corned beef for him, he is Scotch-Irish, so he is king for a day. Wish Donna was going to be here tomorrow to fix it for us. lol.

Respected Contributor

@hennypenny

Sending wishes for Mr. Henny to recover easily and completely. I hope your can have a yummy St. Pat's corned beef dinner!
Respected Contributor

@MOMMAVik , Thankyou!

he seems much better today. It has been a long road. he was given cypro as an antibiotic after knee surgery. It caused the achillies tendon to become inflamed and the skin all above it to rupture. Thank goodness the tendon is still in tact.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON   Our family cookout was last night. DS had some beautiful huge hot dogs on the grill and some corn on the cobb. One big bite and the top of my head flew off...spicy sausages!!!! He laughed so hard, but not funny to me!!! At least I had my potato salad, jello mold and brownies to eat.

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos, happy weekend, Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! 

Busy week here in central NY....picking paint and stain colors for our home, trim, and front door. It's going to be painted this summer.  We're also changing out the shutter style and color.  

The weather is a wee bit undecided.......one moment it is sunny, the next clouds roll in and it drips, and so on and son on.   It's better than snow. lol 

Hubby is a first generation American.  My dear in-laws are from Ireland.   So, today is a fun day of family chats, remembering and reminiscing, and food! 

Enjoy Guinness beef stew, Shepard's pie, corned beef and cabbage, soda bread, and tea. Smiley Happy  Mangia! Help yourself. Smiley Happy

Hope everyone has a good week! 

Irish Beef and Guinness Stew | RecipeTin Eats

The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie - The Wholesome Dish

Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe

Rosie's Traditional Irish Soda Bread Recipe - Food.com

Belleek Shamrock Tea For One Set – Creative Irish Gifts

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj 

That is making me very hungry!  We did corned beef (I simmered a flat cut then sliced thin) on onion rolls, potsto salad & coleslaw.

I hope your weather warms soon so you can get to the painting project!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@DREAMON   Our family cookout was last night. DS had some beautiful huge hot dogs on the grill and some corn on the cobb. One big bite and the top of my head flew off...spicy sausages!!!! He laughed so hard, but not funny to me!!! At least I had my potato salad, jello mold and brownies to eat.

@Shanus ,

I hear ya! I am not a fan of hot or spicy food. I don't even put black pepper on my food.

Everyone else in my family(even the kids) love spicy food.

I just can't tolerate it at all.