Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   I, and I'm sure others, am dying to know what you decided to do about the new house.  I looked all over for a report but found none.  After all of our sage advice, inquiring minds want to know.  Did you sign or not? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Paging Gidgetgh

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@gidgetgh   I, and I'm sure others, am dying to know what you decided to do about the new house.  I looked all over for a report but found none.  After all of our sage advice, inquiring minds want to know.  Did you sign or not? 

@Kachina624 - thanks very much for asking.  I DID sign a contract, last Saturday morning.  They locked in the pricing on Friday. I really think it's the right decision, but I'm just all bittersweet over it all.  As I mentioned last week, I've got some orthopedic stuff going on and I just hope I'm physically going to be up to this.  Doing some physical therapy but not seeing results so far.  But the therapist is confident I'm going to be fine.

I can't handle this large house anymore and I'm acutely aware that my husband isn't here with me and I'm alone in this.  I realize that I'll be alone in the new house also, but it's 1/3 smaller, on one floor and there will be neighbors to meet and lots of other houses going up so at least there will be activity. 

My realtor had sent me other listings somewhat close by, but over the line in another county and those were all the same price as this, but 2 stories  and I absolutely don't want 2 stories.  If I wanted that, I'd stay here.

My new house isn't going to be ready for months, late fall.

Again, thank you for asking. This is a huge move for me, in more than one way. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 - thanks very much for asking.  I DID sign a contract, last Saturday morning.  They locked in the pricing on Friday. I really think it's the right decision, but I'm just all bittersweet over it all.  As I mentioned last week, I've got some orthopedic stuff going on and I just hope I'm physically going to be up to this.  Doing some physical therapy but not seeing results so far.  But themtherapist is confident I'm going to be fine.

I can't handle this large house anymore and I'm acutely aware that my husband isn't here with me and I'm alone in this I realize that I'll be alone in the new house also,but it's 1/3 smaller, on one floor and there will be neighbors to meet and lots of other houses going up so at least there will be activity. 

My realtor had sent me other listings somewhat close by, but over the line in another county and those were all the same price as this, but 2 stories  and I absolutely don't want 2 stories.  If I wanted that, I'd stay here.

Again,thank you for asking. This is a huge move for me, in more than one way. 

@gidgetgh, FWIW, I think that you made the right "move." I'm very excited for you. And I hope any medical problems ease up. Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh    You're in for a great new adventure.  I'm excited for you.  You'll have so much fun decorating the new place, maybe buying some new furniture and window coverings, picking paint colors and you can make it as girly as your heart desires. It may be sad leaving your present home but I know you've made the right decision.  Keep us in the loop. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 - thanks very much for asking.  I DID sign a contract, last Saturday morning.  They locked in the pricing on Friday. I really think it's the right decision, but I'm just all bittersweet over it all.  As I mentioned last week, I've got some orthopedic stuff going on and I just hope I'm physically going to be up to this.  Doing some physical therapy but not seeing results so far.  But themtherapist is confident I'm going to be fine.

I can't handle this large house anymore and I'm acutely aware that my husband isn't here with me and I'm alone in this I realize that I'll be alone in the new house also,but it's 1/3 smaller, on one floor and there will be neighbors to meet and lots of other houses going up so at least there will be activity. 

Again,thank you for asking. This is a huge move for me, in more than one way. 

@gidgetgh, FWIW, I think that you made the right "move." I'm very excited for you. And I hope any medical problems ease up. Heart

@suzyQ3 - thanks.  I don't mind discussing it here.  It's more irritating than anything. They think I have bursitis in my left hip.  The pain, when I lie in that side (which I can't do for long) goes down into my knee, the kneecap.  And....the therapist said my left quad is not "working properly". And throw in a little sciatica and there you go,  I walk fine once I get going but when I stand up after sitting, for any period of time, I have to stand and let my left leg absorb my weight and it burns from my hip down to my knee.  Walk like a penguin for about 10-15 steps and then I walk fine.  But stairs are doable, but it hurts.  The therapist said he thinks it will take 4 months, months, to fix this.  I'm not quite halfway there.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@gidgetgh    You're in for a great new adventure.  I'm excited for you.  You'll have so much fun decorating the new place, maybe buying some new furniture and window coverings, picking paint colors and you can make it as girly as your heart desires. It may be sad leaving your present home but I know you've made the right decision.  Keep us in the loop. 

@Kachina624 - thanks.  I go on Tuesday for my first appt with their design center to work on picking out some things, external color, brick color and then start in the inside.  You go there up to 3 times.  I've already downsized some furniture, have a new couch on order, which I ordered before I knew for sure I was moving,  and bought a new recliner and loveseat last fall.  I still have to downsize some furniture.

we have quite a few small tables in our house and they can't all go.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh : So excited for you Very tough decision but in the long run more options for you. Orthopedic stuff can be very painful and hectic schedule with doctor appointments and physical therapy.🤗🤗❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh , sending you best wishes.  It is a lot of work but I think you will be happy once all is said and done.  S