Respected Contributor

@SAM55 

And now the daughter has gotten a job as a police officer? Isn't that just the topper of it all. REALLY?

And now I am thinking, will she be working in your town or near you?

That could be another facet of the problem you now have if you choose to retaliate, even legally.

Chit, chit chit.

Esteemed Contributor

Fence installation costs $4,000 to $12,000 on average. New fencing costs $20 to $60 per linear foot or $2,000 to $54,000 for 1 acre. Prices depend on the type of fence materials used and the length and height of the fence.

Respected Contributor

This is probably why our food and water is so poisoned.  Too much dog feces and no one picks it up.  I read 60% don't pick it up.  It is now in our water supply.

I cannot figure why people need to own a dog.  They're really only interested in food, their tongues are always hanging out drooling and panting. 

Why can't they like a gold fish?  Dogs are the number one cause of fights between neighbors.  They're NOT worth it.  Dog owners are thee most selfish too, look how none of those people will take responsibility for that mutt. 

I never liked dogs anyway.  I enjoy human company and I like my solitude.

Respected Contributor

They really need out make all dogs illegal.  THAT would end it.  It's disgusting this dog worship.  I've been walking this earth a looooong time and it was never like the way it is now.  It's like people are turning into cavemen.  I had to call the town because some nutter down the block decides to get a mutt, she walks it off leash, it goes they don't pick it up.  Okay, I called the town, the board of health came and read them the riot act and problem solved.

Respected Contributor

A ton of fences makes the community look like a prison compound.  What is with this dog worship???? 

I can't see cleaning up after a dog....yuk!

Respected Contributor

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well, well, "ou do you do my dea!"  LOL!!!!!!

I used to not rip apart the English language but no one knew what I was talking about.  Oh well.....oh, check this out.....years ago, I met a guy that I thought was THEE most handsome ever...yeah, right.  Anyway, he wants me to meet his mother and step father.  Okay, I go over there, I find she has a UK accent and I can't understand one word.  I looked back at him and said...doesn't she speak English?   LOL!!!!!  come on laugh!!!!!   Seriously, that really happened.  I got used to it.  She was a lovely lady.  She spoon fed me one time when I was not well.  She used to tell me war stories.  I hung on every word.....felt so bad for her.  My father was a paratrooper in the Normandy Invasion and had all those acronyms things...pstd , etc....he used to pace the kitchen like a caged panther.   Round and round the table.  I was afraid of him at times.  Oh well.....watta gonna do?.....just wanted to make ya laugh.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEIGHBOR DOG PROBLEM

[ Edited ]

The collar doesn't work on this dog. I wonder if it would work on people?

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

Fence installation costs $4,000 to $12,000 on average. New fencing costs $20 to $60 per linear foot or $2,000 to $54,000 for 1 acre. Prices depend on the type of fence materials used and the length and height of the fence.

No kidding! They are a major, huge expense!!

Not to mention that most people who do fence their yards only fence in their backyards. Front yard fences might not be allowed in her neighborhood and they really are not attractive either and would double the cost! If only the back were fenced it wouldn't stop the dog from going in the front.

I don't know why posters keep mentioning a fence.

I would get in touch with an attorney for a consultation to see what the options are.

Regular Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

They really need out make all dogs illegal.  THAT would end it.  It's disgusting this dog worship.  I've been walking this earth a looooong time and it was never like the way it is now.  It's like people are turning into cavemen.  I had to call the town because some nutter down the block decides to get a mutt, she walks it off leash, it goes they don't pick it up.  Okay, I called the town, the board of health came and read them the riot act and problem solved.

Okay, Hun. You've ranted 4 or 5 times on this thread now, including one that makes zero sense to the conversation. We GET it. You don't like dogs. Most people do. None of your replies are helpful to the problem the OP is dealing with.

Lay off the coffee, you've had too much this morning and take your meds. I don't currently have a dog, and hope the OP can find a good solution, but one thing is certain. I'm thrilled that YOU are not my neighbor. 

Respected Contributor

I live in a community that if owners don't pick up after their dogs they are fined. In this case, I would agree contact code enforcement and go from there.