Honored Contributor

Re: My New Horse šŸŽ Afghan

@wilma That's beautiful! I'm surprised at how much I really like it as I usually don't like animal themed throws but that was is really wonderful!

Honored Contributor

The afghan is beautiful. EnjoyšŸ“šŸ“

Honored Contributor

LMAO @ self - when I read the thread title I thought your new horse's name was Afghan.  Smiley Very Happy

Anyhoo, it's really beautiful and the whole area you decorated looks amazing.    I'm glad it was as amazing as you hoped it would be.

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

Oh it's really B E A U T I F U L  and so serene too.

Contributor

The Afghan is beautiful, and the photo IG posted with the girl and her horse is just a wonderful image.  Thanks to both of you for sharing!!!

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@wilma   Very pretty. šŸ‘šŸ¾

Does not look like an afghan to me.  Too detailed.  Can you take a really close up pic to show the yarn? 

@Mz iMac 

Maybe I used the wrong word. I use afghan & throw interchangeably. Probably incorrect to do that. 

Hereā€™s a closeup. 

IMG_1381.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since it's a throw and not an actual blanket, I display it in either draped across a couch or an armchair.  That way you'd see it more prominently than in a guest room.

ETA:  And I'd take the green pillow off the bed, too, since it's a great match to the throw!

Honored Contributor

@wilma  Thanks for the close-up!  Yes, it's a throw rug.  Either weaved or weaved needle point. 

I would hang it on the wall over the bed.  It's what I did w/ some of my animal skins from various trips to Africa.   Some I have on the walls of my living room.  I didn't want my cat "owning" them. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@wilma This reminds me SO much of my beautiful Strawberry Roan I had as a pre teen.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Pretty!

When I read the title of this thread, @wilma  I thought you had gotten a new horse, and its name was Afghan!šŸ˜„

Me too!!!!!!! Woman Wink