Respected Contributor

GRANDSON LEAVES FOR HOME TOMORROW

My grandsons last day of college is tomorrow
After that he goes home til fall.Have to admit this saddens me.Yes,I complained about this and that but eventually it got all worked out
It was nice knowing when I came home from work I knew he was there
He always got my mail took the garbage can to the curb,and carried in groceries for me
I'm going to miss all of these things and him

Respected Contributor

Re: GRANDSON LEAVES FOR HOME TOMORROW

@Luvsmyfam   Of course you will be sad when your grandson returns home.

In those "sad" moments take the time to realize how very lucky you were to be able to spend so much time with him when he was with you.  Many are not afforded the opportunity to spend time with a grandchild.

When I look back, I have been so blessed to have and spend time with all of my grandchildren.  They are close by and we see them often.  To watch them grow from tiny babies to "off to college" has been one of my biggest joys of my life.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

Such a blessing you both had this time together.  Wonderful memories.

Valued Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   the best summer I ever had was the one when my then-20 year old grandson lived with me for three months. Those memories and the bond we forged will last forever. I recently got a text from him that said, "I love you dearly."  Saved that one!

Honored Contributor

You're deygling to miss him but the summer will go quickly.  I can relate.  Nephew and his wife and young daughter were with us for 7 years.   Was not supposed to be that long.  While I wanted to get their own place, I liked having them here.  We all got along fabulously.  The moved out in November and I miss them.  Particularly my dad 10 year old great niece.  

Respected Contributor

I AM MISSING HIM TERRIBLY.IS THIS NORMAL? I KNOW I COMPLAINED ABOUT HIM LIVING WITH ME AT 1ST,BUT WE WORKED IT OUT.I HOPE HE COMES BACK 9N THE FALL.SORRY Q BUDDIES,IM JUST UPSET.FORGIVE ME PLEASE

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam He sounds like he has been very helpful to you. Don't worry, he will be back before you know it.

Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   My opinion is yes it's very normal.   When my sons left  to go back to college I was devestated.... I couldn't walk past their empty bedrooms without crying... Hugs to you

Honored Contributor

I bet your grandson will be back quickly!  Sounds like you both had a good time!

Honored Contributor

I'm sure he knows and he misses you, too. You're still in touch with him, right. I'd plan get togethers like going out for lunch or just a cup of java. My grandkids would never turn down a Starbucks or Dunkin (ugh!!). And fall will be here before you know it! (Another UGH!)