Honored Contributor

Re: February 2017 Back Fence - Come on by everyone!!!

Good Morning, I'm partially watching AM Style as I plan my day.  It's supposed to hit 60 degrees around here today.  I need to go to Pet Supplies Plus and pick up some food for Grayson (my pigeon).  There's a Kmart nearby so I will pop in there and browse.  

Other than that, continuing to go through my closet and organizing.  Dinner with my niece and her family at a restaurant later today.  Should be fun.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

It's hard for me to even get started. I have been blessed as my health, etc basically has been good and rarely have sought help. Well I had to go to Urgent Care yesterday and I still feel horrible. I think my entire body is falling apart and I sure feel miserable. I have been spoiled like I implied, as I have always been able to bounce. Rarely if ever have a headache have had one now off and on, mostly on, going on the second day. Breathing, has presented problems with my COPD but not enough that I complain - am complaining now. Lower rib cage hurts a bit and wake up exhausted. Perhaps slept better last night that many in a very long time and wake up feeling bad. Had a few other difficulties yesterday and one of the major tests they did there came back negative - thank goodness but another one is being run. Time will tell. Also came home with antibiotics as I obviously am trying to get something - well everyone else in the house has it and I tried hard to steer clear of these things with my COPD. Nope, didn't happen this time. LOL.

Miserable day yesterday - storming like crazy and it is suppose to carry on through the weekend. Enough is enough!!! Also very cold.

David's Dad and the two girls - Davey's sisters - came up yesterday and yes, while I have to feed them all are helping - they usually do. The little girl here is feeling a bit better - she sure struggled and normally is wide awake but her schedule is off a bit. That's OK as long as she is getting better.

Need to try and get my act together - did put a load of clothes in the washer and what an effort that was. HATE feeling so very strapped of energy. Have a great day one and all.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

It's hard for me to even get started. I have been blessed as my health, etc basically has been good and rarely have sought help. Well I had to go to Urgent Care yesterday and I still feel horrible. I think my entire body is falling apart and I sure feel miserable. I have been spoiled like I implied, as I have always been able to bounce. Rarely if ever have a headache have had one now off and on, mostly on, going on the second day. Breathing, has presented problems with my COPD but not enough that I complain - am complaining now. Lower rib cage hurts a bit and wake up exhausted. Perhaps slept better last night that many in a very long time and wake up feeling bad. Had a few other difficulties yesterday and one of the major tests they did there came back negative - thank goodness but another one is being run. Time will tell. Also came home with antibiotics as I obviously am trying to get something - well everyone else in the house has it and I tried hard to steer clear of these things with my COPD. Nope, didn't happen this time. LOL.

Miserable day yesterday - storming like crazy and it is suppose to carry on through the weekend. Enough is enough!!! Also very cold.

David's Dad and the two girls - Davey's sisters - came up yesterday and yes, while I have to feed them all are helping - they usually do. The little girl here is feeling a bit better - she sure struggled and normally is wide awake but her schedule is off a bit. That's OK as long as she is getting better.

Need to try and get my act together - did put a load of clothes in the washer and what an effort that was. HATE feeling so very strapped of energy. Have a great day one and all.

@Winifred  I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling well.  It's very difficult to care for others when one isn't feeling well, and hopefully you will get help particularly at this time.  I hope the other test is negative also.  You are probably run down due to not enough rest, as with little ones to care for, rest doesn't exist.

Once the little ones begin school, they will catch every bug around,  hopefully, you won't catch it as well.  When DD was in preschool, we were both sick for almost three months straight, with different bugs, one just followed the other before we were recovered from the current, terrible.  Until then, I hadn't been sick in forever.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry you are feeling do punk, Freddie. Hope the meds kick in quickly.    I also hope you can get some help.    It's hard to stay clear of that stuff when you have little ones.  I'm s the bur hay party still on for Ricky and if so, will you be able to attend?

its beautiful here today.  Love the sunshine days.  

Bernie enjoy your time with your niece  

Respected Contributor

Still feel rotten. Geesh. No way I can go to church - I think I could have as all you do is sit and our Pastor's messages are the cream of the crop - ALWAYS - and soothing and helpful. But do not want to leave the little ones here. Am so very disappointed with some of my family members. Last night I asked Davey to hold the baby while i give her, her antibiotic. She takes her Meds so easy - she slurps them up, but it takes two of us as she is a wiggle tail. Can you believe, he REFUSED. This is a 16 year old macho lazy person. Garbage/trash still sitting out in the washroom waiting to be taken out and so it goes. He is really getting obnoxious and quite frankly he may be the first to go - he is taking things now - something he NEVER NEVER would have done. Could have trusted him with anything. Last report cord he did not get any F's - was soooo very proud of him. This one Friday, he has two again. And all his teachers wrote comments almost identical. Wastes his time completely, does NOTHING in class. Pretty Bad.

Had rain again last night and I am sitting here freezing. Nope, not that cold I guess, I just am cold. His Dad had me take him back to San Bernardino

yesterday as he said he had a job. I did and if he were still here I would make the effort to go to church. Have NEVER missed a Sunday here in 2 plus years. His girls, Davey,'s two sisters are still here but there caretaker said she is coming to get them. They want to go home and I understand as this was also suppose to be a weekend of me getting some help and them having some time with their Dad. I tell you some people really need to get their act together.

Still need to fill the feeders for the poor hungry ones flitting about. Time will tell today.

Have a great day everyone. Ricky still asleep - he went to sleep very very late last night and the little one is awake and dry now, chowing down on some milk.

Stay dry and warm everyone.

Honored Contributor

The weather has been so unseasonal, I saw a bunch of robins in a field on the way home from running errands yesterday.  This morning, I heard a gaggle geese as they were doing a fly over.

Sun is shining and it's been a decent day.  Short of laundry, the only errand today was grocery shopping.

Trusted Contributor

I've been hoping to see robins but none yet.    Our yard is so full of leaves and while it would be good to get out there abd rake, neither of us can work up enough ambition. 

Freddie, I'll help you pack Daveys things.  

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Still feel rotten. Geesh. No way I can go to church - I think I could have as all you do is sit and our Pastor's messages are the cream of the crop - ALWAYS - and soothing and helpful. But do not want to leave the little ones here. Am so very disappointed with some of my family members. Last night I asked Davey to hold the baby while i give her, her antibiotic. She takes her Meds so easy - she slurps them up, but it takes two of us as she is a wiggle tail. Can you believe, he REFUSED. This is a 16 year old macho lazy person. Garbage/trash still sitting out in the washroom waiting to be taken out and so it goes. He is really getting obnoxious and quite frankly he may be the first to go - he is taking things now - something he NEVER NEVER would have done. Could have trusted him with anything. Last report cord he did not get any F's - was soooo very proud of him. This one Friday, he has two again. And all his teachers wrote comments almost identical. Wastes his time completely, does NOTHING in class. Pretty Bad.

Had rain again last night and I am sitting here freezing. Nope, not that cold I guess, I just am cold. His Dad had me take him back to San Bernardino

yesterday as he said he had a job. I did and if he were still here I would make the effort to go to church. Have NEVER missed a Sunday here in 2 plus years. His girls, Davey,'s two sisters are still here but there caretaker said she is coming to get them. They want to go home and I understand as this was also suppose to be a weekend of me getting some help and them having some time with their Dad. I tell you some people really need to get their act together.

Still need to fill the feeders for the poor hungry ones flitting about. Time will tell today.

Have a great day everyone. Ricky still asleep - he went to sleep very very late last night and the little one is awake and dry now, chowing down on some milk.

Stay dry and warm everyone.

@Winifred  Stealing wiould be the last straw if Davey were living here, out he would go!  Maybe he should be in trade school or the armed forces since he is doing nothing in school.  

Hope you are feeling better soon. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Not arguing with you Mousiegirl. Have been thinking ot what to do with Davey  as others here are not as HUGE strong, etc as he is. So changed from the once bright boy who was in GATE several years. Times have changed. I agree with the school principle that he is super depressed - no doubt of it yet he refuses to go received counseling - he has really strange hangups. Personally I think he has a bit of a chicken stripe in him as he does not like being told he could be wrong, there are sometimes better ways to do it and we know you are lying - he comes unglued. He still has refused to go to the Dentist from his appointment last June when he was told he had 4 cavities - 'NO ONE IS GOING TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO WITH MY BODY."

Am going to try and go to bed soon. Today was a bit better after noon and no, did not get to church - first time I have ever missed since I have attended that church. Feels like something missing. Great Pastor and always great messages. Here it is almost 8 p.m. and we actually have had some quiet times. We will see how it holds up.

Hope one and all have a great day tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Another sunny day here.  It was cold enough this morning for me to wear my winter coat and scarf.  I don't care if it's going to be in the 50's later - I don't want to get sick.

As my paternal grandmother used to say - this is pneumonia weather.  There are quite a few people on my floor (at work) who are coughing and sniffling.