Honored Contributor
We're expecting about 85% of totality. It's getting dark now. I was in the kitchen cooking forgot about the eclipse until I realized the whole house was dark. Forgot to buy the glasses so I can't go out and join my neighbors. People are outside but no one is talking. Bthered a hushed silence. Totality in 1 minutes.
Honored Contributor

We did not get a total eclipse, but it did get dark and our dusk/dawn outdoor lights came on.  

Temp dropped quite a bit as well.

Our bank was giving out glasses so we could watch.

Honored Contributor

Yes, was out with the neighbors. The street lights came on. In the back of the house there is a 30 acre woods so I went back there and I think there were more bird noises than usual.

Respected Contributor

We got about 75% and it's a little darker but not substantial.  In upstate SC.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Re: Eclipse happening

[ Edited ]

Omg to me was amazing...we had 85% in SE MD...we stood outside from work and watched through our eclipse glasses for about 20 minutes.  Lighting was odd outside...loved it!  

Esteemed Contributor

82% totality here, but it was cloudy with a drizzle so nothing to see, not even much darkening since it was already so gray.  I imagine it was a big disappointment for folks around here who bought glasses and were all ready to view the eclipse.  I'm happy for everyone elsewhere who got a clear view.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Yes, was out with the neighbors. The street lights came on. In the back of the house there is a 30 acre woods so I went back there and I think there were more bird noises than usual.

That's interesting.  We had 90% totality, was able to see the beginning, maybe 1/3, before cloud cover came in, then just a glimpse here and there.  However, I did notice that about 15 minutes before it started all the birds disappeared, not a one in the birdbath or at feeders or visible in the trees.  Interesting.  They reappeared when the heavier clouds came in. 

Trusted Contributor

NYC just got an early dusk, not that dark.  Of course the city generates so much light it takes a black out to actually see the night sky.

Respected Contributor

No total eclipse in St. Louis but we did see a partial eclipse. It got a little dim and you could feel a bit of coolness in the air and with my eclipse glasses I could see the partial eclipse. Very cool ! 

Honored Contributor

We sat outside and watched it. I think it was 95% .

We felt the temp drop and it looked like almost dusk.

Im still happy we experienced the eclipse together since we probably won't see the next one.

Today was a wonderful happy day for so many people 😘

IMG_81483DBE82D9-1.jpeg