Honored Contributor

@mariadomenica  Such good news!  It sounds like you will be on your way to complete recovery soon!

Honored Contributor

@just bee   Chemotherapy is done...with little side effects.  Soon you will be starting the chemoradiation and I'm praying for a similar situation and a reduction in the size of the tumor.  Amazing that you have been able to work throughout...you are a warrior woman and I have no doubt that your positive spirit will carry you through all the way to a final successful surgery.  i am keeping you in my prayers for continued peace and health.

Contributor

I have just read your post and would like to offer you my prayers. I will pray also for your peace of mind and help dealing with the natural fear of a cancer diagnosis. Please don't despair, there is great power in so many praying for you.. Blessings.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@just bee   Chemotherapy is done...with little side effects.  Soon you will be starting the chemoradiation and I'm praying for a similar situation and a reduction in the size of the tumor.  Amazing that you have been able to work throughout...you are a warrior woman and I have no doubt that your positive spirit will carry you through all the way to a final successful surgery.  i am keeping you in my prayers for continued peace and health.

@phoenixbrd 

Home Of The Happy Hive: May 2010

Thank you so much for the kind words.  I started chemoradiation yesterday and have six weeks to go! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Regular Contributor

I, too, went through rectal cancer. I wore a machine that gave me chemo 24hrs  day for a week and was then followed up with radiation.  When it came time for surgery, I also had a hysterectomy.  I wore an illeostomy for six months which included a few rounds of oral chemo.  It wasn't easy, particularly the il!eostomy, but I was blessed and have been free for thirteen years.  

Yes, there were trials and tribulations and there are still some bathroom issues so I watch my diet, avoiding fried foods and too much beef. I still have tense worries but I guess that's natural.

I know what you're going through and hope that everything turns out for the best.  

Honored Contributor

@sward05 wrote:

I, too, went through rectal cancer. I wore a machine that gave me chemo 24hrs  day for a week and was then followed up with radiation.  When it came time for surgery, I also had a hysterectomy.  I wore an illeostomy for six months which included a few rounds of oral chemo.  It wasn't easy, particularly the il!eostomy, but I was blessed and have been free for thirteen years.  

Yes, there were trials and tribulations and there are still some bathroom issues so I watch my diet, avoiding fried foods and too much beef. I still have tense worries but I guess that's natural.

I know what you're going through and hope that everything turns out for the best.  

@sward05 

It's difficult to explain to somone what happens when you enter that bathroom.  Every trip in there is a surprise.  I never gave my GI system a thought.  It was always so normal.

My appendix gave up the ghost last summer.  Surgery was delayed and by the time they were ready, it had ruptured.

It was actually fortuitous.  When they opened me up to clean it all out they noticed that a length of my ileum was necrotic.  Couldn't tell me why a piece of my small intestine was dead, but it was removed. If my appendix hadn't ruptured, they wouldn't have found the necrotic tissue.  I would have gone home and things would have gone south very quickly.

And that's what started me thinking: I should get a colonoscopy.

It's been an adventure.  I don't know what will happen but, if they're able to do surgery next year, I'll end up with a colostomy.  Temporary, hopefully.

It is amazing what we humans can endure.  Resilience is the key.  Things happen and you deal with them the best you can.  Someone out there always has it worse.

Your story is very encouraging.  Thank you for sharing it here.  So appreciated. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor
Saying prayers for your improving health and well being. 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your thoughtful message.  I'll hope all goes well for you, too. It sounds like you've had some luck on your side so far.  May it continue.

Best to you, just bee😊

Honored Contributor

@sward05 wrote:

Thank you for your thoughtful message.  I'll hope all goes well for you, too. It sounds like you've had some luck on your side so far.  May it continue.

Best to you, just bee😊

@sward05 

Backatcha! Heart

Respected Contributor

Thoughts and prayers for your continued healing.