Not applicable
Hello every one. I went to natural few months ago and am loving it only because I don't have to wear weave etc. I just wash it and that it. I have watched several youtube videos n it soo confusing. I have an African hair. What shampoo conditioner leave in etc is the best or start up. Please help thanks
Honored Contributor

This is the WEN forum, so I'm going to recommend WEN and not a shampoo. If what you really want is a shampoo, you can ask on one of the other beauty forums.

Curly hair is usually dry and needs a lot of moisture. Fig is the most moisturizing formula and works well for my wavy/curly hair. The WEN system means you use the same product to wash and condition hair and as a leave-in. I use Fig or Fig and another formula to wash my hair and then use the Sweet Almond Mint formula as my leave-in.

Honored Contributor

On every WEN listing on QVC is a pdf file that contains a chart of formulas and use guidelines. I'm sorry to be ignorant about your hair type, but is AA hair usually considered coarse? If so, Fig might be a good starting point, but you really should look at the chart. You can also look at the QVC videos and see what the models use. There are a couple of AA models so if they're on the video they might be able to help you. Also, there is no shampoo with WEN. It's a Cleansing Conditioner, not a lathering shampoo. The same product is used for each step (cleanse, condition, leave-in), but you can change which one or use the same one with each step, whatever you like or works best for you.

Respected Contributor

Hello, Natu and welcome. Smile

If you want to try WEN, there's lots of ladies here who use WEN that can help. If you want to try a shampoo and conditioner, I use Nick Chavez Traditions Yucca Root shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo tube says "moisture" on it, so that might be good for your hair if it needs moisture. Although, Nick's Traditions Yucca Root conditioner isn't a leave-in conditioner. But Nick does make other leave-in conditioners.

Whatever you try, hope it works well for you. Smile

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Contributor

I don't have your type of hair. However, you might try Carol's Daughter products. You can purchase her products through HSN or Ulta. It's used to prevent breakage, makes your hair much more manageable. Carol's Daughter products are for African American women with curly/kinky hair. Or anyone who just has very curly, dry, breaking hair. My daughter has red hair, which was dry, curly and breaking. These products really worked for her hair. Just check on HSN website and see for yourself!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome Natu! Congrats on giving up the creamy crack!

If you are looking for a Wen product, Wen Fig is the way to go. You can use it (as well as other Wen cleansing conditioners) both as your cleanser and leave-in.

My hair is natural also. By consistently using Wen Fig, my hair went from dry to normal in less than a year.

Are you past the desert dry stage yet?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

Natu, I'm so sorry someone felt the need to be so nasty on an otherwise kind thread. Please ignore, the people that use WEN on this forum (and that poster doesn't) try to be as helpful as we can. There is a thread on the WEN forum specifically for Women of Color where you will get some really great information for AA hair. I know when my hair is dry, I use fig and tea tree.

New Contributor

I would use the fig mixed with 6/13 ,and occasionaly the oil for scalp and hair mask . Oil is great for itchy scalp . My hair is not AA but not much different . I have hated my hair my whole life but now I love it !!

Sue from Washington{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}