Not applicable

my husband has very fine straight hair...the day he washes his hair with Wen his hair looks fine but the next morning he uses water on it to style it and it looks oily...what can he do

Super Contributor

He may need a lighter formula, like CA or BGT and make sure he is using enough water to rinse all the CC out of his hair. If that doesn't work, he may just need to cleanse everyday--I need to wash my hair everyday no matter what I use.

Frequent Contributor

Chaz has stated many times on-air that "if you're going to wet your hair to restyle on day 2, you may as well cleanse it". Best suggestion would be to use the replenishing treatment mist to refresh your husband's hair between cleanses.

Honored Contributor

Make sure he's a)using enough WEN while washing and 2) rinsing it out completely. You may want to call the number on the back of the bottle and ask the experts for more advice.

Respected Contributor

Most men wash their hair every day since it is so short. I would also be sure that you are using the correct CC. If your husband's hair tends to be oily or his scalp is oily then use a more astringent CC.

With fine straight hair, I am guessing that it gets flat by the end of the day. He should wash it every day.

I would wash my hair every day if it wasn't on the dry side. With short hair, I would do so with my shower because of the clean feeling.

Respected Contributor
Cleanse, rinse, repeat might help with preventing oiliness if he is not already doing a double cleanse.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

arlene, welcome to the Wen forum!!! Smile

As everyone else has said the cleansing/rinsing part is really important.

I'd suggest he use either the TT or the CA CC. TT has tea tree oil in it which is an oil emulsifier (it helps to loosen up dried body oil so that it can be more easily washed away). CA is most clarifying/astringent.

Before Wen my scalp was like an oil slick; it would get oily inside of 18 hours. After using Wen TT CC for a few months I could go 3-4 days between cleanses. It does take a while for your scalp to rebalance the oil production.

Best of luck with your husband!!

-- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}