Super Contributor

Breaking: 1st Case of Possible, non-healthcare worker related - Ebola in the USA - Texas

Being tested to confirm. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Respected Contributor

Re: Breaking: 1st Case of Possible, non-healthcare worker related - Ebola in the USA - Texas

I don't see this mentioned anywhere.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Super Contributor

Re: Breaking: 1st Case of Possible, non-healthcare worker related - Ebola in the USA - Texas

On 9/30/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:

I don't see this mentioned anywhere. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

They just reported it here in BREAKING NEWS interruption. I don't know if it's in print anywhere yet, that's why I have no links.

Edit: Found it!

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/texas-hospital-evaluating-patient-ebola/story?id=25851573

Respected Contributor

Okay, I see it now. It's news from yesterday. The person has vomiting and fever and recently traveled to Africa. It says the risk of transmission is low to none.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/09/29/north-texas-hospital-evaluating-patient-for-potential-ebola-expos...

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Thanks ical.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

How 'bout this instead? Thanks!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

Why isn't travel restricted.

Super Contributor

On 9/30/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:

Okay, I see it now. It's news from yesterday. The person has vomiting and fever and recently traveled to Africa. It says the risk of transmission is low to none.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/09/29/north-texas-hospital-evaluating-patient-for-potential-ebola-expos...

It's breaking here, because it was reported last night. I'm temporarily on the east coast.

Super Contributor

Preds, that is copyrighted material, so if you put the entire report here, with copy and paste, the site will not get credit. Just thought I'd let you know.

The link I gave is a hyperlink, easy to click, read, pop back.

Super Contributor

On 9/30/2014 MaggieToo said:

Why isn't travel restricted.

That's a great question. It doesn't make sense. This is the largest outbreak in recorded history--you don't mess around with that!