Super Contributor

Re: Breaking: 1st Case of Possible, non-healthcare worker related - Ebola in the USA - Texas

On 9/30/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:

Okay, I see it now. It's news from yesterday. The person has vomiting and fever and recently traveled to Africa. It says the risk of transmission is low to none.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/09/29/north-texas-hospital-evaluating-patient-for-potential-ebola-expos...

But with whom did he travel? Did he switch planes? Was he sick at an airport restroom? Did he open a door somewhere?

Respected Contributor

Re: Breaking: 1st Case of Possible, non-healthcare worker related - Ebola in the USA - Texas

So the risk of transmitting ebola is "low to none." The things you learn on these boards! If that nonsense was, in fact, uttered, I'm sure it was done so in reference to the containment protocol employed here, and not to the disease itself. Context is always helpful. BTW, there was a suspected case in FL weeks ago that received little publicity.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Moonlady said: So the risk of transmitting ebola is "low to none." The things you learn on these boards! If that nonsense was, in fact, uttered, I'm sure it was done so in reference to the containment protocol employed here, and not to the disease itself. Context is always helpful. BTW, there was a suspected case in FL weeks ago that received little publicity.

There has to be direct contact with body fluid through broken skin or mucous membranes for transmission to occur.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 ical said:

Preds, that is copyrighted material, so if you put the entire report here, with copy and paste, the site will not get credit. Just thought I'd let you know.

The link I gave is a hyperlink, easy to click, read, pop back.

Thank you!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Moonlady said: So the risk of transmitting ebola is "low to none." The things you learn on these boards! If that nonsense was, in fact, uttered, I'm sure it was done so in reference to the containment protocol employed here, and not to the disease itself. Context is always helpful. BTW, there was a suspected case in FL weeks ago that received little publicity.

There has to be direct contact with body fluid through broken skin or mucous membranes for transmission to occur.

You mean you can't catch it from someone in these forums?

BTW, I read your comment on the Q survey blog post and thought it was EXCELLENT!!

Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Deb1010again said:

You mean you can't catch it from someone in these forums?

BTW, I read your comment on the Q survey blog post and thought it was EXCELLENT!!

Thanks Deb Smile

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____