Occasional Contributor
QVC sold a butter dish called Butter Boat.Need to get this idea on to Tara at Temp-Tations because it makes you love butter more when it sits on the counter and is soft.The dish sits in cold water with a lid on top.Anyone one remember?
Honored Contributor

Re: Remember the Butter Boat?

Yes. You can buy other versions now...they are all over the web.

I wouldn't want a cheap TT version that will crack easily.

Respected Contributor

Yup - loved mine until I broke the lid. It would be perfect for Temp-tations.

Denise
Super Contributor

Yes......great for keeping butter spreadable..........good idea for TT..........and I would love to have dog bowls with the metal stands in TT.............why not???
Respected Contributor

Yes, it's been brought up a few times. It's one of the few things I'd make more room for. Smiley Very Happy

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I had something called a Butter B*ell (no idea why that word isn't allowed), but the same idea with the butter in one part and water in the crock. Thought I had to have it, used it about a week or two, and went back to my regular butter dishes. I use real butter and leave it out of refrigeration, and have never had it go bad.

Respected Contributor

On 10/25/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I had something called a Butter B*ell (no idea why that word isn't allowed), but the same idea with the butter in one part and water in the crock. Thought I had to have it, used it about a week or two, and went back to my regular butter dishes. I use real butter and leave it out of refrigeration, and have never had it go bad.

I always thought those were bizarre and too much work.

The boats are totally different.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

I have both a butter boat and a butter be ll and love them both. In the warmer months I put chopped ice and water in mine to make the water colder and stay cold for a longer period of time.

Valued Contributor

On 10/25/2014 MOM of Mason said: Yes......great for keeping butter spreadable..........good idea for TT..........and I would love to have dog bowls with the metal stands in TT.............why not???

FYI-Tara does have 2 sizes of dog bowls with the metal stands on her website in Old World! Small dog bowls & tiny dog bowls, 2 bowls, a food & a water bowl.

Regular Contributor

I have 2 of them, but discovered Land 'o Lakes butter with canola oil in a container. It spreads on bread and I love it. Now I only use the bar butter for baking.