Respected Contributor

Re: Remember the Butter Boat?

On 10/25/2014 travelin grandma said:

I have 2 of them, but discovered Land 'o Lakes butter with canola oil in a container. It spreads on bread and I love it. Now I only use the bar butter for baking.

I could have posted the exact same thing. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

I still have and use my original butter boats. Don't know how we survived without them!

This idea has been submitted to Tara many times. There are a number of vessels on various websites that are made just like the original, just not pretty patterns to match our sets. Don't know why it has taken her so long to get on the bandwagon with this item, but I hope she does one too.

Valued Contributor

On 10/25/2014 Leftie said: QVC sold a butter dish called Butter Boat.Need to get this idea on to Tara at Temp-Tations because it makes you love butter more when it sits on the counter and is soft.The dish sits in cold water with a lid on top.Anyone one remember?

I have read threads about "butter boats" on the Q before and I have never had one but most seem to really like using them. If Tara does come out with one, it is something I would buy! Maybe she has this is her future plans?

Respected Contributor

butter boat

Here ya go: you put water (or ice if you're in a very hot climate) in the bottom chamber & the stick butter goes in the middle chamber to keep it fresh. Loved mine, found this on Amazon and may have to order. QVC used to sell them in different patterns, I think it would be perfect for TT.

Denise
Respected Contributor

On 10/26/2014 gkelly5744 said:
On 10/25/2014 Leftie said: QVC sold a butter dish called Butter Boat.Need to get this idea on to Tara at Temp-Tations because it makes you love butter more when it sits on the counter and is soft.The dish sits in cold water with a lid on top.Anyone one remember?

I have read threads about "butter boats" on the Q before and I have never had one but most seem to really like using them. If Tara does come out with one, it is something I would buy! Maybe she has this is her future plans?

They really do make a difference, I've gifted them and I dropped and broke mine. I'm holding out for a TT one.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

I use a regular butter dish and my butter does not spoil at room temperature.
Valued Contributor

On 10/26/2014 debc said:
On 10/26/2014 gkelly5744 said:

They really do make a difference, I've gifted them and I dropped and broke mine. I'm holding out for a TT one.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

i would love to see this also, but only in solid colors! if it has to have a pattern, then i prefer just a simple raised pattern like a vine.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I had an Aunt that I would spend weeks with during the Summer and she always kept her butter in a pyrex dish with lid in her cupboard. Being young and her being the only one I had ever seen do this I thought it odd. Now that I'm older I understand, the butter boat is a great idea and I have seen them in B&M stores.
Respected Contributor

My mother-in-law always kept a covered stick of butter in a kitchen drawer! That worked just fine.