Super Contributor

Tracfone REP gulps when a real question is asked.

I just deplore when the reps and hosts have an attitude when somebody manages to get a real question or problem into their conversation on air. Good grief the sun can't shine 100% of the time, get real. This poor woman called in and wanted to know what it meant when she couldnt access the web and got an error message. She sure didnt get her question ANSWERED AND i HAVE A BEEF WITH THIS ATTITUDE AND i ALSO WANT YOU TO START EXPLAINING ALL THE DETAILS ON THESE TRACFONES. i HAVE ONE AND THEre IS ALLOT YOU DO NOT ADDRESS. yOU CAN NOT JUST CALL mEXICO, THERE IS ALLOT MORE TO IT THAN THAT, WE TRIED AND JUST GAVE UP, AND YOU CANT JUST USE THE WEB WITHOUT RACKING UP HUGE AMOUNTS OF MINUTES. So would you all take a deep breath and explain this phone in a more honest way. Thank you

Respected Contributor

Re: Tracfone REP gulps when a real question is asked.

The woman should have been told to stay on the line and give her phone number (privately) to an operator. Then, after the presentation, someone from the company (not the vendor) could address her concerns.

As for the OP, I would call customer service and ask how to directly contact the company.

Honored Contributor

This thread topic was started by this OP in multiple places on the board.

Honored Contributor

Why should the salesperson know why someone is having a technical problem? Iif you already have a phone and there is a problem then tracfone CS needs to be contacted - not an on air salesperson!!!

Honored Contributor

Tracfone's CS is not known to be stellar. As for the OP, many of these cheap phones are sold to people who have never had a smartphone before. Neither Tracfone nor QVC can be responsible for teaching people "everything" about how smartphones work.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Tracfone's CS is not known to be stellar. As for the OP, many of these cheap phones are sold to people who have never had a smartphone before. Neither Tracfone nor QVC can be responsible for teaching people "everything" about how smartphones work.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

someone else needs to take a deep breath too, methinks. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Valued Contributor

I am on my third tracfone and although we finally got my latest one set up, it was a lesson in frustration to deal with the CS reps. The problem lies with the fact that the original company was sold to one in Mexico, which I did not know until I bought my new phone. Hence, all the CS people, while good intentioned, have heavy accents and are very difficult to communicate with. It took my son-in-law (who finally took pity on my efforts) a good hour to get my latest phone activated. It required endless strings of number that had to be entered, and then call backs to get the thing working. In my opinion, it's fine for calling and texting and taking the occasional picture, but I'd never use it to surf the web. Way too many minutes used for that. It is NOT a smart phone; it makes and receives calls and messages and that's all I expect from it.

Super Contributor

On 8/6/2014 happy housewife said:

This thread topic was started by this OP in multiple places on the board.

NO, it was started in two places because I felt it was a good match in two places for the sake of content and who are you to go around reporting. What do you do, count how many posts people make and where...just when I thought I had seen the most useless behavior, this comes along, thanks!

Super Contributor

The rep made a weird face on the air and acted as if she had been treated very rudely, it was very unprofessional and made the caller feel out of place as well as the audience. You would have thought the rep was the inventer of the Tracfone the way she took the question so personally, she even rolled her eyes a bit. It was bad.

Aside from that, there are many legit questions that they do not answer. For example, you can not use this phone to call another cell phone internationally , you can only call a Lan line. Imagine how helpful that information could be when making phone choices.

You can use the web alright, whereever there is a connection for wireless but it calculates at a different usage. Just another example. Again, it would be helpful to have this info. They are handy little phones, but they are not as unlimited as they are being made to appear.