Trusted Contributor

I have never purchased these, any reviews.

Trusted Contributor

Good, not fantastic, but good. For my family, too hard too eat, not worth the effort.

Rather have other types of chocolate treats, without the apple. Cakes, pies, breads, brownies, bars, cookies, etc.

But I know others are wild about them, just depends on what you crave. Don't like having to keep them in refrigerator until time to "thaw" and eat. Sometimes only want a bite, then have an entire apple cut up, etc.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks. My husband gives Starbucks gift cards to about 10 people. I thought about adding these to spice up his routine gesture. I think they might be fun to receive, something unexpected.

Esteemed Contributor

I tried them once. The apples weren't crisp by the time I got them. I got my money back. I like Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for candy apples. Also my Safeway dips huge apples for you while you wait & they are fresh.

Honored Contributor

They sell them in the Deli section of our costco. They have Thanksgiving themed apples. There are 3 in a pack and they are 14 bucks

Respected Contributor

I have not tried them myself but last year I was going to order them and a friend of mine said not to do it because they look good but they don't taste good at all by the time you receive them they taste rather old and the apples are really mushy tasting. I think if you could buy them and take them right home and eat them it might be totally different than having them shipped to you.

Honored Contributor
On 11/19/2014 shoekitty said:

They sell them in the Deli section of our costco. They have Thanksgiving themed apples. There are 3 in a pack and they are 14 bucks

This TSV sounds great but I have concerns about the quality issues that customers have reported. Didn't know Costco offered caramel apples-need to make a stop there tomorrow. Thx!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

I just ordered them and was all excited because I went to Mrs. Prindable's site and it's $23.99 for ONE apple. So I thought they MUST be good! And people were calling in saying how much they loved them.

I guess I can cancel but I'm disappointed because it seemed like such a no-brainer little gift. I didn't know Costco offered them, either.

Not applicable
I purchased these on QVC last Christmas as part of little token gifts which I give to service personnel. There are many different offers - make sure you know whether you are purchasing large, full size apples, or the miniature smaller size. It's hard to really see the difference on TV. Do a calculation of cost, divided by ounces to determine your best value. Some offers are better than others. Buyer beware!
Trusted Contributor

They are hit or miss.

I have ordered them for quite a few years now and have mostly had good luck with them. However, there have been times when the apples were soft (not crisp, as described). I have also noticed that they don't always use Granny Smith anymore. Sometimes a red-skinned apple will pop up, which is why the apple isn't as crisp or tart. These apples often have brown spots in the middle too.

I skipped the apples last year, but decided to try again for this year. Hopefully they will be great.

It's definitely worth a try.