Occasional Contributor

Just watched a tribute on NBC for Joan. Very well put together. They said on QVC she was a billion dollar vendor.

Honored Contributor

Re: NBC Tribute for Joan Rivers

Yes, Hoda and Kathie Lee did a wonderful job, they should rerun it.

Valued Contributor

The special about Joan was heart-felt, and Joan lived life to the fullest. Kathie Lee could hardly hold back the tears. My heart is at ease knowing her and Edgar are together again! Let us all strive to leave a legacy once we are "called Home" as well.

Trusted Contributor

I stumbled on it, and it was good. I think it shows the shock of it all. She should not have died, unfortunately this happens every day. I am supposed to get a colonoscopy, and frankly, I am scared now.

Super Contributor

On 9/6/2014 evelyner said:

I stumbled on it, and it was good. I think it shows the shock of it all. She should not have died, unfortunately this happens every day. I am supposed to get a colonoscopy, and frankly, I am scared now.

it is good to be "scared" with any type of invasive surgery or such.... people have become compliant about such things. Know going into it what the risks are and everything about who it in the operating room, etc. Ask questions. Most people do not want to be A BOTHER and they do not ask questions.

Trusted Contributor

She has some excellent interviews with Howard Stern on You Tube. She was just on his show at the end of July and even talked about passing and who she wants to see.

Honored Contributor

Her Louis C.K. show from a few years ago was a classic...check it out if you can.

Honored Contributor

On 9/6/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 9/6/2014 evelyner said:

it is good to be "scared" with any type of invasive surgery or such.... people have become compliant about such things. Know going into it what the risks are and everything about who it in the operating room, etc. Ask questions. Most people do not want to be A BOTHER and they do not ask questions.

Do we know for a fact that Joan had a pre existing heart condition, I am not clear on this. Also, wondering if she was sent for a pre op before the procedure and was cleared

Respected Contributor

On 9/5/2014 chickadee88 said:

Just watched a tribute on NBC for Joan. Very well put together. They said on QVC she was a billion dollar vendor.

Hubby and I were watching this when they mentioned the billion dollar business Joan had done for QVC. Hubby looked over at me and grinned......let's just say I have contributed substantially to Joan's success here on the Q. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I will truly miss Joan, and as an only child myself, my heart breaks for Melissa.

Valued Contributor

Joan grew a billion-dollar business with the Q, in addition to the gazillion other things she did. Absolutely incredible.