Contributor

Re: NBC Tribute for Joan Rivers

Being such an open and honest person as she was, I think she might have had extensive talks with Melissa and David D about her business if she should pass away. Everything is probably planned out to the "T" I think she would have done that to make it as easy as possible for Melissa and Cooper as well as her business associates. I'm sure the fall line of fashion and jewelry is probably done and in the warehouse, maybe even completed through next spring. We'll find out after a while, it is too soon now to think of such things. Prayers and love for Joan.

Honored Contributor

Yes, watched the two hour tribute hosted by Kathie Lee and Hoda. If possible, try to watch it, if available.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Yes, I too saw the story on NBC this morning about JR & QVC relationship. A billion dollars is LOT of dinero, I too contributed via Joan's clothes.

However I agree with a few who mentioned the actual reason of the procedure and EVERYTHING to do with that. As the care giver to my husband now for 1.8 yrs due to cancer, between the two of us we are constantly asking questions every time he needs a procedure done. We never have anything done unless it's in the hospital with access to anything & everything we may need in an emergency. All the right drs & nurses are by his side. Of course he has the best of whatever he needs. We have full faith & trust. He has 2 allergies and everyone knows what they are and repeats them back to us first thing.

We would never go to a clinical type atmosphere that was not a hospital. I'm wondering why JR would do such a thing. Had she been there before so she very well knew the reputation of who practices there and what they can & cannot do? She felt safe there? Even needing to go under anesthesia regardless of whether it was fully under or twilight? This place isn't really that close to Mt. Sinai - was the ambulance prepped & ready to go if need be? Let's face it, JR was 81 yrs old, the older the person the harder procedures under anesthesia are on the person. I hope we finally do hear on exactly what happened but I'm betting we really won't.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/6/2014 evelyner said:

I stumbled on it, and it was good. I think it shows the shock of it all. She should not have died, unfortunately this happens every day. I am supposed to get a colonoscopy, and frankly, I am scared now.

I just got a colonoscopy 3 weeks ago. Before the guy "put me out" he told me to think of something pleasant. So I was thinking of mountains (don't like the beach, even though I live in Florida). Then I asked him what the drug was. When he told me "proprofal" (sp), all I could think about was Michael Jackson! So I was thinking about him when the lights went out. Very powerful stuff. I woke up about 20 minutes later when it seemed I had just closed my eyes. Anyway, good luck with your procedure. I am sure you will be fine if you can survive the prep the day before..........!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

On 9/6/2014 ROMARY said:

Yes, watched the two hour tribute hosted by Kathie Lee and Hoda. If possible, try to watch it, if available.

I watched it also, as well as another. Both very touching! Joan was a strong woman!!

Not applicable

I feel like I have lost a close friend. I have loved her for decades. She still had so much to do. I'm sure she's in Heaven, keeping all in stitches. My love to Joan and Melissa and Cooper. I pray that Melissa will continue in Joan's footsteps on QVC.

Honored Contributor

On 9/6/2014 Puppy Lips said:
On 9/6/2014 evelyner said:

I stumbled on it, and it was good. I think it shows the shock of it all. She should not have died, unfortunately this happens every day. I am supposed to get a colonoscopy, and frankly, I am scared now.

I just got a colonoscopy 3 weeks ago. Before the guy "put me out" he told me to think of something pleasant. So I was thinking of mountains (don't like the beach, even though I live in Florida). Then I asked him what the drug was. When he told me "proprofal" (sp), all I could think about was Michael Jackson! So I was thinking about him when the lights went out. Very powerful stuff. I woke up about 20 minutes later when it seemed I had just closed my eyes. Anyway, good luck with your procedure. I am sure you will be fine if you can survive the prep the day before..........!

Yes, they only give you enough of the drug to keep you out for a short time. It is the drug of choice for these kinds of procedures, nothing like what amount of it was being given to MJ.