Regular Contributor
Anyone use Lampe Berger lamps for fragrances? Just wondering how they hold up...
Esteemed Contributor

I bought 2 of these lamps and fragrance last year and was very disappointed in the throw.

I used them twice and put them away since I simply could not smell anything.

While I don't want a fragrance to overwhelm me, I want to smell something! Just didn't happen. They are sitting unused in my craft area.

It was an expensive experiment!

Honored Contributor

I love my Lampe Bergers! I use them all the time. I buy the Green Apple and Sweet Pear fragrances. They make my entire house smell wonderful. They're definitely worth the money. I've bought different brands of fragrances, though, and thought the other brands were awful.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/11/2014 NickNack said:

I love my Lampe Bergers! I use them all the time. I buy the Green Apple and Sweet Pear fragrances. They make my entire house smell wonderful. They're definitely worth the money. I've bought different brands of fragrances, though, and thought the other brands were awful.

Please share what brand of fragrance that you are using that works!

Honored Contributor
On 9/11/2014 Witchy Woman said:
On 9/11/2014 NickNack said:

Please share what brand of fragrance that you are using that works!

I only buy the Lampe Berger fragrances. I've got one of my Lampe Bergers burning right now with the LB Sweet Pear fragrance. I'm in a different room and can still smell it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I've had a couple for years, love them. They're expensive but worth it!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I am inspired to give it another try and will purchase some new scents.

Perhaps I didn't let it burn long enough, but will give it another go.

Honored Contributor
On 9/12/2014 Witchy Woman said:

Well, I am inspired to give it another try and will purchase some new scents.

Perhaps I didn't let it burn long enough, but will give it another go.

You light it for two minutes and then blow it out. Let it burn for 30-45 minutes. It smells wonderful during that time and lingers for a long time.

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor
Thank you for the information, everyone. I have 3 lamps that I purchased years ago, along with some scents that I don't care for at all. That is why I don't use my Lampe Berger. Where is the best place to buy the fragrance? The local gift shop where I bought my lamps closed. Thank you!
Super Contributor

They are in a word...fantastic! It's very subtle, but long lasting. My favorite fragrance is LB's "Paris Chic" and it has a bergamot/white musk green scent.