Super Contributor

Mally's model with the spider lashes

Mally is on with Alberti....two wonderul people whom I enjoy watching. I do giggle though, when she demonstrates her mascara on her models. The amount of product she uses on these models make their lashes absurdly long, cakey and, well, scary. I understand that Mally is demonstrating just how 'long' her mascara can make our lashes, but really, am I the only one who sees this?

Mally is making millions, so what do I know, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mally's model with the spider lashes

I don't know how that poor girl keeps her eyes open. Yes, they are a bit scary looking. On the other hand, I guess it shows that her mascara does lengthen and thicken, which is what a lot of people are looking for.

I have used it and my lashes definitely looked a lot longer but not like this girl, LOL. I use Blinc tube mascara now. I just love it. It does not lengthen as well as Mally, but it stays in place for me.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry but all those models' lashes are not that long and spidery from her mascara. I tried it and no way did my lashes look anything like those models. Back it went. I bet they have on partial eyelashes or extensions. Even all their lower lashes are so long. And why when something is supposed to be waterproof do these vendors need to go back and forth on their hands so extremely fast. It doesn't look like they're even touching their hands. It's come to the point I just don't want to watch or buy any cosmetics from these shopping channels. They tell and promise you the world, then you buy it and in no way does the product deliver what they say.
Honored Contributor

Those long eyelashes look ridiculous.
Respected Contributor

Hello, amazinggrace2 and welcome. Smile

No, you're not the only one that notices. Mally does make the lashes look very long on the model. But, like you said, she may just be demonstrating how well the product works. I also love watching Alberti, too.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

LOL The heading cracked me up, I think of them as spider lashes as well, super funny{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

Mally and QVC must think that we are stupid to believe that those are her real lashes.

Respected Contributor

Personally, I think she should not use that model for her product. It's not a good look, and I would never want any mascara that made me look like that. Thank goodness, I saw past it and purchased. Mally is good mascara, but certainly not the best on the market. Benefit or Lancôme are excellent.

Respected Contributor

Latisse is why she has such long lashes. Most models use it.
Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 SoftRaindrops said: Latisse is why she has such long lashes. Most models use it.

I agree, the spider-lash models are using an eyelash serum. When I used one, I actually had to trim my lower lashes so they wouldn't look scary - and I didn't even use mascara on my lower lashes. Adding multiple coats of mascara to Latisse lashes looks super spooky to me. One of Maureen's Tarte models also has Latisse lashes.