Frequent Contributor

Josie's Recent TSV Cranberry Scent

I'm really disappointed in the cranberry scent. I'm trying to like it but don't think I can get past the strange smell. It's smells like wax or something strange. A few have said they like it and some not. It's not on dot com today, I wanted to read some more reviews today. I've never experienced any of her other fragrances but this one is awful imo. I would have been happy with the tsv if it was another fragrance, I think. Just wondering who thinks it smells terrible??

Frequent Contributor

Re: Josie's Recent TSV Cranberry Scent

This scent did not appeal to me when the TSV was airing, and that was the main reason I did not get it. I love Josie's products, but I am very sensitive to certain scents so I have to be careful on what I get. I normally will go to Sephora if there is a new scent to make sure I can wear it without it bothering my allergies.

Frequent Contributor

I live in a small town. Sephora is about 60 miles away. Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck the next time.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor

Her scents can be really weird and I probably shouldn't have ordered in the Cranberry knowing this. I haven't received mine yet, so I hope it's doable. I get the unscented in auto-delivery, so thought the Cranberry might be fun for the holidays. Hmmm, it will be interesting to see how it smells.

Contributor

My skin doesn't normally do well with fragrances but I wanted to see if Josie's would be any different. In the jar it does smell a little odd, but when I put it on it was a strange awful heavy chemical smell. I'm going to return it for the unscented. I already switched my auto delivery to unscented, I just hope they have it in stock when I send it back.

Respected Contributor

On 11/24/2014 dkg0128 said:

This scent did not appeal to me when the TSV was airing, and that was the main reason I did not get it. I love Josie's products, but I am very sensitive to certain scents so I have to be careful on what I get. I normally will go to Sephora if there is a new scent to make sure I can wear it without it bothering my allergies.

I didn't order the tsv but just ordered the trial sizes. If I decide to order her next tsv I may just order if the unscented is offered or I can try at Sephora. I also can't tolerate certain scents and they can give me a headache.

Super Contributor

Hi ditzier: I got my kit yesterday & I wasn't that crazy about the cranberry scent either. Not strong, kind of fruity. But it was when I was drying my hands this morning & this skunk like smell appeared & I realized it was coming from my hands {#emotions_dlg.scared}. So I experimented & everytime the butter gets wet it smells like skunk weed [on me anyhow]. Just weird.

I'm not going to send it back because I like everything else, though I haven't tried the cleansing body butter.

Sent last years back as well. Not having any luck with her new scents. I'll stick with citrus, vanilla fig, & the unscented.

Respected Contributor

Why don't you exchange it for the unscented? I got the unscented version, and it's great!

Trusted Contributor

Exactly the same smell I had...a skunk smell. Glad it wasn't my imagination.
Honored Contributor

Cranberry is not my favorite scent, but I don't find this one objectionable. It's definitely the tangy side of the cranberry. I don't pick up a skunk smell, but I can see how you might read that tang as skunk. If you can't use it because of that, you should ask to exchange it for the unscented. I can wear a scent that isn't a favorite, but I can't wear a scent that I truly find objectionable - it ruins everything. I'm sorry you don't like this - I know how disappointing that is. {#emotions_dlg.sad}