Esteemed Contributor

Maybelline Rocket Volume mascara

I did a search about mascaras and found a thread about this. It got great reviews, just wondered if anyone here is still using it, and if you like it?? I think this will be my next pick. I got the Hard Candy, but after reading the reviews, its going back Thanks!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Contributor

Re: Maybelline Rocket Volume mascara

This has been my mascara of choice lately, think I'm on my 3rd or 4th tube? It works, for me, pretty darn well for the price. I have very oily eyelids, and once in a while I do get a black dot on my upper lid, but can be wiped away very easily. Had tried the waterproof version, didn't like that one very much! The only other problem I have with it is that the brush is pretty big, and it's hard to get the inner corners of my upper lashes because the brush is so large. I think I'm going to get a mascara with a smaller brush for the 1st layer, then use the Rocket as the last layer. If you search youtube, there's a lot of demo's on it. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I buy this at Walmart when I'm not in stock with Mally Mascara, which I really like. It's excellent. It goes on sale frequently and it's maybe six a tube. I even buy it for friends--I had one who was between jobs and got her a tube when her makeup ran out and she was so thrilled to find something that good that performs.

I don't feel like spending fifteen or even ten on mascara--you should throw it out ever couple of months and that seems a big waste to me. If the Mally weren't on sale or in a kit, I would be using Rocket right now.

Respected Contributor

I just got this yesterday and was so happy it's available in brownish black waterproof. Great mascara!

Super Contributor

I like this but I get the dreaded black dots beneath my eyebrows halfway thru the day.

silkyk, does the waterproof version need a lot of work to remove? That's the reason I don't like waterproof mascaras, some need real work to get them off!!

TIA

Honored Contributor

I don't care for this at all. It was very, very difficult for me to remove. I ended up tossing it.

It reminded me a lot of Benefit They're Real mascara which I also don't care for.

I like a traditional mascara wand, not those plastic ones.

Respected Contributor

On 8/20/2014 dionline said:

I like this but I get the dreaded black dots beneath my eyebrows halfway thru the day.

silkyk, does the waterproof version need a lot of work to remove? That's the reason I don't like waterproof mascaras, some need real work to get them off!!

TIA

No trouble getting it off with the Andrea EyeQ's Makeup Remover pads. The "Ultra Quick" in the blue plastic jar only! Made especially for waterproof eye makeup and works great.

Super Contributor

Thanks silkyk, I wonder if it would come off with Purity - have you ever tried it? I use the Almay makeup remover pads but the ones for waterproof makeup are very oily. Is the Andrea EyeQs oily, too??

I think I'll try the waterproof version when there's a deal at either Walgreens or CVS. Thanks!