Respected Contributor

Josie - SPF 40 Tinted Moistue - I can't find it anymore & I'm almost out??

Anyone know why I can't find this?

the one I have is in a glass bottle with a pump and says SPF 40 TINTED MOISTURE

Trusted Contributor

Re: Josie - SPF 40 Tinted Moistue - I can't find it anymore & I'm almost out??

The company that made it for JM went out of business last year. She just launched it's replacement, and it is a different formulation. It has received raves and rants.

ETA: I was referring to the regular formulation. I don't know if the tinted has also been disc.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Respected Contributor

On 4/6/2014 lyn in MI said: The company that made it for JM went out of business last year. She just launched it's replacement, and it is a different formulation. It has received raves and rants.

OH NO, it's my staple!! urg - The only one I see is SPF30 in a tube? Is that the replacement?

Trusted Contributor

On 4/6/2014 Sandgirl said:
On 4/6/2014 lyn in MI said: The company that made it for JM went out of business last year. She just launched it's replacement, and it is a different formulation. It has received raves and rants.

OH NO, it's my staple!! urg - The only one I see is SPF30 in a tube? Is that the replacement?

The replacement I referred to is for her regular (untinted) SPF40. It's now named SPF 47 and is in the same glass pump bottle. Her TM w/SPF 30 has been out for several years, but it originally contained chemical sunscreen ingredients. It has since been reformulated with mineral sunscreen ingredients.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Super Contributor

May 5th tsv dont know if its the one you want.
Valued Contributor

Sandgirl-If it weren't for Lynn, I would not have fully realized that the original had been replaced. I have about 1/2 glass container left of the original and I am not sure if I will give the newer one a try or not. There is another one that I really like-SkinCeuticals-but I really preferred the JM. And for a fickle girl like me, to find a product that I don't care if I ever switch from, is a rare thing of beauty. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Trusted Contributor

Here are the decks for those who wish to compare:

ORIGINAL Daily Moisturizer SPF 40+
Ingredients: Active: Titanium Dioxide (9.5%), Zinc Oxide (6.0%).
Inactive: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Extract, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria (Chamomile) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hexadecene Copolymer, Hexylene Glycol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol.
Information provided by Josie Maran.

Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with Sunboost ATB™
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Zinc Oxide 6.4%* (Sunscreen), Titanium Dioxide 5.1%** (Sunscreen)
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water)**, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride**, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate**, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil**, Glycerin**, Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Methicone, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Chloride**, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Parfum (Fragrance)**, Bisabolol, Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Laureth-12, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Citric Acid**, Potassium Sorbate**, Sodium Benzoate**.
*ORGANIC **NATURAL

ETA: Hmmmmmm, I found a deck provided by Josie which is quite different than the one posted @ Beautipedia. I edited this post to reflect the deck provided by Josie.

ETA: I just checked my bottle and the ingredients match my edited post and not the deck I originally posted from the review @ beautipedia.com.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Respected Contributor

On 4/6/2014 olewoman said: May 5th tsv dont know if its the one you want.

I don't have my May Insider yet.... I'll check itout

Respected Contributor

On 4/6/2014 glmama said:

Sandgirl-If it weren't for Lynn, I would not have fully realized that the original had been replaced. I have about 1/2 glass container left of the original and I am not sure if I will give the newer one a try or not. There is another one that I really like-SkinCeuticals-but I really preferred the JM. And for a fickle girl like me, to find a product that I don't care if I ever switch from, is a rare thing of beauty. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Glmama - My old one lasted SO LONG, I only needed a pump for my whole face so I'm just now scraping the bottom. I really liked the "tint" guess I'll have to try the other and see if I like it or not - HUGE BUMMER

LYN - Thanks for posting the ingredient deck - MUCH DIFF!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Supposedly JM is also reformulating the Argon Daily Moisturizer "Protect and Perfect" (with natural broad spectrum SPF 40) and underneath at the very bottom states "color correcting tinted version."

Has anyone heard for sure that this specific formula will also be available some time in the near future? It is the only face product I use as a foundation and don't think there is anything else even close to it available in the marketplace. Very light coverage yet that's what appeals to me.

TM are much heavier than this formula which is why I so prefer this. I'm about 30 days or less away from being completely out so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I know it was really popular so can't imagine why Josie wouldn't keep it in her lineup but hard to know these days.

If anyone has any knowledge about this one, would you post what you've heard or read as I know how popular this one was. It was first released in a TSV kit and was so well received that JM came out with it as a solo purchase. That's how I learned about it here and reading all the raves prompted me to try it. Loved it from first use!!