The Joy of Christmas
90 Members and 8016 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Anyone Using the EGG Microcurrent Toning System

Started 1359819358.163 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1359938924.937 by Doherty

Serious Skin Care on the southern channel has this on right now and I'm a little intrigued. Does anyone have any experience with this or have any opinions about it?

Page 1 of 1
OR Nurse1359820214.543116 PostsRegistered 8/5/2007

I ordered this and just sent it back. While they said there was a learning curve with it, I thought it was awkward to use. It was also very uncomfortable. Feels like you are getting shocked and I personally did not care for that. It may be fine for some but not me.

CharmTx1359821060.81974 PostsRegistered 4/5/2009Deep in the heart of Texas

OR Nurse, thank you for your reply. I went ahead and ordered it to try. If after 30 days I find it uncomfortable to use or it doesn't live up to my expectations, I will return it.

snowball1359821395.8638450 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I think it is like the Connie Stevens Time Machine, which I have and hardly ever use. It made my face twitch! I didn't like that! I use the NuFace Trinity every day.

Last edited on 2/2/2013

Last edited on 2/2/2013

CharmTx1359821560.987974 PostsRegistered 4/5/2009Deep in the heart of Texas
On 2/2/2013 snowball said:

I think it is like the Connie Stevens Time Machine, which I have and hardly ever use. It made my face twitch! I didn't like that! I use the NuFace Trinity every day.

Last edited on 2/2/2013

I haven't heard of the Nuface Trinity. I'm going to look at this and see what it's about. Thanks!

JENLOVESTO­SHOP1359826260.223935 PostsRegistered 6/2/2006

I have it and love it! A girfriend sent it to me as a birthday gift in November. She had been raving about her unit.

I don't care for the toning gel as it's really thick and dries quickly. Your skin needs to be really damp, so I use one of my many Isomers serums. The unit is cleverly designed and user friendly. I like that you have a range of "strengths" to choose from. If you have it up at the highest, there is definite twitching. I like to keep mine in the mid-range and have it up higher when I do my neck area.

I find it's great for plumping the cheek area and toning the jawline and throat. I'm really, really pleased with this device, but like everything else, it needs to be used consistently to see results.

baby 21359828975.5271603 PostsRegistered 9/14/2011
On 2/2/2013 JENLOVESTOSHOP said:

I have it and love it! A girfriend sent it to me as a birthday gift in November. She had been raving about her unit.

I don't care for the toning gel as it's really thick and dries quickly. Your skin needs to be really damp, so I use one of my many Isomers serums. The unit is cleverly designed and user friendly. I like that you have a range of "strengths" to choose from. If you have it up at the highest, there is definite twitching. I like to keep mine in the mid-range and have it up higher when I do my neck area.

I find it's great for plumping the cheek area and toning the jawline and throat. I'm really, really pleased with this device, but like everything else, it needs to be used consistently to see results.

When I first got it, I really liked it. But then a friend pointed out that I had little round marks on my face. Because of this I figured I would use it at night, but I'm more of a morning person; so, I returned it.

Cheezit1359891918.1171755 PostsRegistered 7/4/2007
I tried this last nite for the first time and I really liked it!!! The instruction DVD is pretty fast, does anyone know of a more exact step by step video location? I did check You tube. Also I just wanted to comment, I do also have Nuface and I think the egg is much more powerful and would be hard to plateau with it!!! I am going to keep egg and probably get attachment for Nuface. Appreciate ant suggestions from users of the EGG!!! Oh and yes, the dual machines is a time saver!!!!

Tribefan1359907750.183239 PostsRegistered 11/27/2009
Was glad to see your post as I am considering this also. The thing that worries me is there are no reviews for this. So I did a search & found tons of reviews, mostly bad, and I'm suspicious. I think they changed the product a little & gave it a new item number so we wouldn't see the bad reviews. I'm also not pleased it runs on a 9 volt battery. I'll keep checking back here before I order to see the replies you get.

patheticco­smetics1359924446.63963 PostsRegistered 3/11/2009

I've posted on other threads about this machine.

I have it & like it. I've been using it since November. I now mix up the programs. Since I treat it like weight training, I don't use it every day. I have seen results. You have to be consistant & find the time to use it. I've never had any marks left on my face.

I haven't had the gel dry out yet while I'm using the machine & I use it for 20 minutes. Still using the gel that came with the machine. Haven't changed the battery yet.

The levels do get stronger & I have gone up just to see what they feel like. Wow! I immediately turn it back down.

The DVD & especially Jennifer's presentations on HSN are very informative.

There is a slight learning curve. It's just a matter of experimenting. My face isn't symetrical, so the machine isn't in the exact same place on each side of my face. I do it without a mirror, I just move the machine around.

Like anything else, this machine will work for some & not for others.

Cheezit1359925401.6131755 PostsRegistered 7/4/2007
I finally got this device out of the box this weekend and have used it twice and so far I love it!!! Keep in mind I have the Nuface but like that the EGG has various levels! I will get the light attachment for Nuface and continue with the EGG!!! It cuts down on so much time and so far the conductive gel has not made my face breakout!!! The Nuface did!!! Highly recommend!!!

Paperdolly1359925548.511207 PostsRegistered 3/13/2010Wisconsin
I have it and love it! I also have the Facemaster, but love the Egg much better. Faster results.

Proud volunteer for the Wisconsin Adopt A Golden Retriever Rescue and momma to Lucy, Striker, Sophie, Lilly & Ransom

willdob31359926020.74310458 PostsRegistered 10/31/2010
I tried it and sent it back. It did not do anything. Nothing. Zilch.

Doherty1359938924.93266 PostsRegistered 5/17/2008

For those of you using the machine, can you tell me how long the results last after a session? Do you see more plumping/firming for an hour, several hours? I looked at the reviews and they are from one extreme to the next. People either love it or hate it.

I like how my face looks after working out and wonder if this will give a similar plumping effect. I know the results of the machine are temporary but I am not looking for permanent. I just don't want to use it in the morning and have the results gone by the time I get to work.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1