Contributor

Anyone Using the EGG Microcurrent Toning System

Serious Skin Care on the southern channel has this on right now and I'm a little intrigued. Does anyone have any experience with this or have any opinions about it?

Re: Anyone Using the EGG Microcurrent Toning System

I am very familiar with microcurrent.

It's a great technology. However there is a LOT if mis-information as to what is a TRUE microcurrent.

A true microcurrent is Very, very tiny.  It mimics the body's own natural energy.
When a unit has a TRUE microcurrent it can be effective.

BUT...I've seen MANY, Many units of all kinds that call themselves 'microcurrent' - but they are NOT really the true microcurrent for the Face!

I'm trying to get the specs on this unit.  So far I've not been able to find out what the ampherage is (meaning the Size of the current)

It's VERY important for the face to be a tiny current that is NOT even felt.
What concerns me about this unit is that they say to 'dial it up' on your face as you get used to the feeling.....UGH!   NO...That is NOT good for the facial skin.

You will get a lift...BUT you won't be doing the goodness that a true microcurrent will do for the facial skin.
When the amperage in tiny enough you'll not only get a lift, but you'll build up and store up all the good things we lose as we age:  Collagen, Elastin, Cell regrowth, ATP (the powerhouse of the cells) and hyaluronic acid (which is lublicating moisture)

If the amp is too large that lift will go away quickly and you'll be beating your face up.

It's like taking a sledge hammer to something that requires a delicate instrument.

This is all over in the home unAt world of microcurrent these day. 
EVEN those that are FDA approved.
Microcurrent is noninvasive and safe (Generally) But not for people who are pregnant, have high blood pressure, arrhythmia or serious heart condition, epilepsy or seizures,  cancer - OR with any Metal implants - especially in the head! (As the metal wiill draw the current towards it)

The larger current (where you'll feel the muscles twitching is okay for the BODY...but NOT For the face.

I'm not saying anything bad about this unit - becasue I don't know the specs on it yet.
But, I'm having a hard time finding out what the actual amp is (size of the current)
That is different than the Hz - that is the frequency - Not the size of the current.

Before I bought this at ANY price and used it on my face I would HAVE to know that.
I hope that helps.
This comes straight from esthetician professionals who have studied the skin and muscular structure of the face.

True microcurrent is VERY restorative to all tissue, the skin and can restore the muscles back to a younger state (within reason).

I encourage you to go on Youtube and there are some  reviews.  Look for revews that are from estheticians!  Espeically those who specialize in microcurrent.
This is an older technology that is making a huge - 'come-back' and getting lots of attention.  
There's a lot of info about it - but it can be confusing to someone who is not familiar with it.
BE CAREFUL with your Face.  That's my best advice.  
It may be worth getting a treatment from a good esthetician with a GOOD microcurrent machine.  Again...for the face you should NOT feel the current.
*Sometimes if a person is dehydrated they may feel some tingling - espcecailly aroung the sensitive areas like the eyes and lipAs.  If it's slight that can be okay.
*Sometimes peole even see lights flashing aroung the eye area and that can be okay

Good luck and Good Question.  I'm very curious myself to find out these specs!

Respected Contributor

There was an earlier discussion here about the EGG.  Type SSC The Egg in the Community search box to find it.

Just purchased this unit (but it's going back).  Checked the booklet for you and see that the output current is indicated to be plus or minus 15 Ma per channel.  It's powered by a 9 volt alkaline battery.  Does this help?  Is this true microcurrent?

I purchased the unit on impulse -- it was a daily special (whatever it is that HSN calls their version of the TSV) and they were running out of the color I wanted so I quick ordered it and then did my research several days later.  Found that it does not have the best of reviews even on HSN let alone on other sites on the internet.  Additionally, it looked awfully awkward to use in the included DVD and even tho' it includes two wands (or whatever they call them) to use simultaneously, the recommended time per day was still longer than using the NuFace on both sides of your face sequentially.  But I was going to keep it to try anyway until I discovered that the included battery was dead.  A very small thing, I know, but it annoyed me, so I'm not going to putz with it.  I think I'll save up a few more bucks and get the NuFace Mini here on QVC (the EGG was a special at $99; regularly $129 and it was on flex pay so that was part of the lure also).  The NuFace  seems to have better overall reviews on the internet.  

Trusted Contributor

@cgard wrote:

I am very familiar with microcurrent.

It's a great technology. However there is a LOT if mis-information as to what is a TRUE microcurrent.

A true microcurrent is Very, very tiny.  It mimics the body's own natural energy.
When a unit has a TRUE microcurrent it can be effective.

BUT...I've seen MANY, Many units of all kinds that call themselves 'microcurrent' - but they are NOT really the true microcurrent for the Face!

I'm trying to get the specs on this unit.  So far I've not been able to find out what the ampherage is (meaning the Size of the current)

It's VERY important for the face to be a tiny current that is NOT even felt.
What concerns me about this unit is that they say to 'dial it up' on your face as you get used to the feeling.....UGH!   NO...That is NOT good for the facial skin.

You will get a lift...BUT you won't be doing the goodness that a true microcurrent will do for the facial skin.
When the amperage in tiny enough you'll not only get a lift, but you'll build up and store up all the good things we lose as we age:  Collagen, Elastin, Cell regrowth, ATP (the powerhouse of the cells) and hyaluronic acid (which is lublicating moisture)

If the amp is too large that lift will go away quickly and you'll be beating your face up.

It's like taking a sledge hammer to something that requires a delicate instrument.

This is all over in the home unAt world of microcurrent these day. 
EVEN those that are FDA approved.
Microcurrent is noninvasive and safe (Generally) But not for people who are pregnant, have high blood pressure, arrhythmia or serious heart condition, epilepsy or seizures,  cancer - OR with any Metal implants - especially in the head! (As the metal wiill draw the current towards it)

The larger current (where you'll feel the muscles twitching is okay for the BODY...but NOT For the face.

I'm not saying anything bad about this unit - becasue I don't know the specs on it yet.
But, I'm having a hard time finding out what the actual amp is (size of the current)
That is different than the Hz - that is the frequency - Not the size of the current.

Before I bought this at ANY price and used it on my face I would HAVE to know that.
I hope that helps.
This comes straight from esthetician professionals who have studied the skin and muscular structure of the face.

True microcurrent is VERY restorative to all tissue, the skin and can restore the muscles back to a younger state (within reason).

I encourage you to go on Youtube and there are some  reviews.  Look for revews that are from estheticians!  Espeically those who specialize in microcurrent.
This is an older technology that is making a huge - 'come-back' and getting lots of attention.  
There's a lot of info about it - but it can be confusing to someone who is not familiar with it.
BE CAREFUL with your Face.  That's my best advice.  
It may be worth getting a treatment from a good esthetician with a GOOD microcurrent machine.  Again...for the face you should NOT feel the current.
*Sometimes if a person is dehydrated they may feel some tingling - espcecailly aroung the sensitive areas like the eyes and lipAs.  If it's slight that can be okay.
*Sometimes peole even see lights flashing aroung the eye area and that can be okay

Good luck and Good Question.  I'm very curious myself to find out these specs!

Thanks for the reply.  That's more info than listening to Jennifer Stalone go on and on for hours!

Honored Contributor

I purchased the very first one SSC brought to the network. Used it faithfully for about six months then decided it was way too time consuming for the little, if any, results that I was seeing. For me this product is one that belongs in the "Cinderella-effects" pile of devices. It works only when you use it then your face goes back to the way it was before you started using it. Unless you are committed to using it every single day, I woudn't buy it.

Honored Contributor

I determined long ago that while she's obviously beautiful and wealthy, maybe even a lovely person, she's not too bright.

I've heard her make some really ludicrous statements!

As for the contraption I have the isomer's version. Undortunately I don't use it regularly like I should.

What concerned me about SSC one is that they claim it can be used on the neck! That's a big no-no with any other unit so I'm thinking it can't be as effective as its couterparts...

Woman Happy  I have used the "egg" for a number of years.

I'm about to turn 72 and I feel it has reduced aging of my skin.. It exercises the muscles under the skin as you would exercise on a treadmill etc. Helps produce collagen. I also have recently had the "vampire face lift" which is great.

In the beginning I did it everynight. I now do it once a week or if going out before I apply makeup.

I do use it on my neck.. Have never had an issue.

It can be used on both sides of the face which is a time saver for me.

I've given the egg as gifts and have never had a negative response.

Every person is an individual. 

My daughter is a medical esthetician and becomming a PA to work on skin for the wounded.

This was last week.. I was very tired but game for a selfie on a cruise.

renee and mom.jpg

Honored Contributor

This thread is from 2013!