Respected Contributor

to using the loose eye shadows? I bought five at the Outlets when I was there this past Spring..I like the colors but they are just too messy. I stand over the sink and it ends up in the sink and easily washed away but it is still messy and I find myself NOT reaching for those colors purposely. I use the lid too to tap extra off but still some drops.

They had 5 for $25..so I bought five loose shadows and then 5 of the shadows in a tube like lipgloss comes with the same style applicator.

Then I had a VIP coupon for an additional % so I made out rather good - although I am not sure how much they really retail for!

Do they make hard eye shadow? I will have to look next time there lol..

Honored Contributor

I think you're putting too much on the brush (or it may be your brush).

You should be dipping from the lid, not the pot. I keep mine stored lid down/label up. When I pick up my pot, I turn if over and tap if about 2-3 times to get it off the lid. Then I take the lid off and use what's left in the lid to put on my brush and then tap it back into the lid a few times.

If you have a good brush, it will stay on the brush and not fall like snow off the brush. If you use just a tiny bit, it should now fall like snow off the brush.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

After 10 plus years using BE I think its just habit. I much prefer opening the jars to trying to pry open the Ready compacts. They aren't user friendly to me at all. So yes, they have hard eye shadow, they have hard everything now.

Honored Contributor

I have a quad of READY eyeshadows and, personally, those are messier. The colors are barely pressed into the compact, so they break off easily, bleed into each other. I bought this for travel/gym/salon and I will never buy another one unless they start making singles.

The READY blush is fine so far, it hasn't broken or flaked off in the compact.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I don't use BE loose eye shadows any more. But try gently pressing your brush into the color, then tapping off the excess. But it does depend on what style brush you have and which part of the eye you are coloring.

I've always used a flat head brush to do any lining and definition, and a much looser bristle brush to sweep in the crease. When the brush is looser, you're more apt to get fallout & extra mess.

The ready shadows are solid. Not really crazy about them.

Contributor

Try youtube.com and type Bareminerals loose tutorial or Bareminerals.com and look for a demo. If neither then send them an email and they will probably send you a demonstration. Also check QVC for a video. Have fun. I love the loose and it is not messy for me. Just takes a little practice.

Super Contributor

dip and tap your brush....then apply...NOT MY THING BUT THIS WORKS

Honored Contributor

If you don't like them loose because of the mess, you could turn them into pressed powers. There are lots of YouTube tutorials on turning loose powders into pressed powders.

Respected Contributor

Thanks..tried everything and still it flakes on my nose..face lol...even a little..

I wanted to use one of the colors today..so I just dealt with it LOL

Trusted Contributor

you could try a damp brush