TSV(R) Preview
140 Members and 11211 Guests Online

Mirren's Activity

Re: Have you ever not bought a piece of jewelry and for years after... STILL THINK ABOUT IT?

In Jewelry Talk 1391387686.233

On 2/2/2014 Debbie1426 said: On 2/1/2014 florey said: About 20 years ago In a jewelry store in Paris I saw a pair of small gold earrings which were shaped like graceful hands, holding a tiny diamond between the index finger and thumb. That probably sounds hideous but the were really very beautiful. I went so far as trying them on and have afforded it but couldn't justify it. The kids were young and I felt like it was an extravagance. I don't remember how much they were but maybe around $1000. I still think of them whenever I shop for jewelry. Florey, what about these on rubylane? click Wow! ... Continue Reading

Re: Bixby - Thank Goodness

In Jewelry Talk 1391387478.27

On 2/2/2014 blueskies said: I also wish BB was on more often . She's such a fab designer . Unique designs & true to herself . Each piece is a tiny exquisite treasure ! Just purchased the Quan Lin enhancer for an early BDay & Valentines gift from DH :) Its been awhile since last purchase , but enjoy my older pieces . Wearing her MOP crescent moon enhancer on a triplet black leather cord , from years ago . Enjoy your purchases, everyone . Most times I just love to watch the shows & listen to the explanations of designs and/or symbolic meanings . Very interesting . This is so beautif... Continue Reading

Re: question about back in the day?

In Jewelry Talk 1391386413.537

nicely said, phoenix…the sentiment I hoped to capture. I enjoy "playing with" my jewelry the way JR recommends too. finding new combinations, sighing over the beauty. Continue Reading

Re: Barbara Bixby 7pm PST show

In Jewelry Talk 1391386119.44

You are amazing! Thanks! Continue Reading

question about back in the day?

Last Reply by Debbie1426 1391386610.073 | Started by Mirren in Jewelry Talk

Looking at the TSV, Does anyone remember that wonderful pearl convertible necklace JR did years ago shortly after she started at the Q? The pieces screwed in rather than clipped on. She then had an amethyst piece you could add, and - maybe some other stone…I always wished she would have brought a suite of extenders in other stone combos. Remember when she did carnelian and black pearls and hematite, etc. I think I saw some of her trademark green agate, but what I saw wasn't as pretty as a green agate necklace she did - way back when - before her foray into Diamonique. I have been a JR ... Continue Reading

Re: Bixby styling advice - feedback, please :-)

In Jewelry Talk 1391385381.08

Thanks so much for your responses mskringle and sunshine45. ms, I know what you mean about "matchy matchy!" *sigh* my goal is to have an arm full of BB lovely round bangles. I know a love of hosts and designers say "oval bangles follow the wrist better," but I LOVE a round bangle. And I love Ms. Bixby's designs. I was "bad" this go 'round because of ezPay, but I don't buy nearly the amount of Q jewelry as I used to, so I let myself go! Continue Reading

Bixby styling advice - feedback, please :-)

Last Reply by Mirren 1391385381.08 | Started by Mirren in Jewelry Talk

I have J268351 Bixby gemstone bangle and it's pink sister and want to mix in J28100 Bixby gemstone flower bangle, but wonder if it would look weird with the others because of their heavy stone presence. If you have these and mix, what do you think? Thanks! Continue Reading

Bixby styling input request - feedback, please :-)

Started by Mirren in Jewelry Talk 1391371047.97

I have J268351 Bixby gemstone bangle and it's pink sister I want to mix in J281004 Bixby gemstone flower banglebut wonder if it would look weird with the others because of their heavy stone presence. If you have these and mix, what do you think? Thanks! Continue Reading

Re: Bixby - Thank Goodness

In Jewelry Talk 1391368377.813

On 2/2/2014 Sakuya said: On 2/2/2014 karmakat said: I LOVE this stuff. Most days I wear something Bixby. I like to watch and then decide what one piece I will buy - but everything I want keeps selling out. I, too, gave myself that one piece limit. We won't even discuss how far I've blown that limit out of the water by what I have on order. Me as well. That one piece limit left the building before she even got on TV yesterday. It's those crafty ezPays that get you! Continue Reading

Re: Have you ever not bought a piece of jewelry and for years after... STILL THINK ABOUT IT?

In Jewelry Talk 1391368286.467

MANY years ago, when gold was "cheaper" (it's all relative, right?) I had the chance to buy my mother a HUGE, natural golden topaz, in a heavy gold setting. You can't find golden topaz now. I was a young girl, a salesperson working in one of those "upscale" department stores that had a jewelry department. As an employee, I got a 20% discount. That ring would have cost about $800, which seemed the world to me back then. But, even then, I sensed this would be a special "heirloom" kind of piece. After many years, even long before my Mother died she told me "we should have gotten that thing; who ... Continue Reading

Page 1 of 85
1 2 3 4 ...85Next