WEN

New Contributor
Why does everyone think the Wen gallons are such a good deal??? Per ounce the gallons are SOOO much more expensive than the 32 ounce bottles. For instance, a gallon at $170 is $1.32 an ounce. A 32 ounce bottle at $35 is $1.09 an ounce. Plus the gallon sizes are a pain to store in the shower. Thoughts?
Karen
Respected Contributor

@KarenWhit   Which 32 ounce cleansing conditioners are $35?  I need to look at the inventory again, but I can't remember any at that price.  Maybe the 16 ouncers?  Anyway, I buy gallons because, historically, they are cheaper per ounce, plus that's only one bottle to re-cycle instead of four, and only one plastic pump to go in the garbage.  I just keep a 32 ounce bottle in the shower, and re-fill it from the gallon when it gets really low, because I can't have gallons in the shower, either.

New Contributor
There's currently a 32 ounce seasonal duo for $69.98. So I'm rounding up and dividing $70 by 64 ounces. Which is how I got the $1.09 per ounce. A gallon is only 128 ounces. I know I've previously gotten the duos (or trios) for an even better cost per ounce than that in the past couple of years, but doubtful we'll see those prices again.
Karen
New Contributor

I just checked and there's a 16 ounce duo of tea tree and sweet almond for $33.20. That's only $1.03 per ounce.  

Karen
Honored Contributor

@KarenWhit 

Good catch!👍

Many of us realize that the gallons are not always the best buy.  As you've noted, sometimes there are better savings with the smaller configurations and that's when we stock up or get on a-d.  

But there are some formulas that never have those smaller sized  pricing specials so people that use them regularly get the gallons for a better price than normal when they go on sale.

QVC is comparing prices to the vendor's retail pricing, which is standard practice.

Respected Contributor

You're right, @KarenWhit , that specific seasonals duo is a better deal than a gallon.  But if you want Bamboo Green Tea, it isn't included in that seasonals duo deal.  So, for some seasonals (fall and winter), that duo  is certainly the best deal, but if you want a spring or summer formula, or one of the rice-based cc's, or Bella Spirit or 613/319, the gallon is your best bet.  (I hadn't seen that seasonals duo, as I'm looking every day for seasonal styling creme duos and ignoring everything else, having ordered my Tea Tree gallon earlier this month.)

Regular Contributor

When the F & F family first started some of the 32 oz duos weren't included in the sale.  When the 32 oz duo of 613 CC dropped in price, I jumped on it because I didn't want the gallon.