WEN

Esteemed Contributor

WEN MONTHLY CHAT - September 2021

Welcome to September Wenners. It was nice to see Chaz do a presentation since I have missed most of the others. Had I known he was going to present the Big Deal yesterday, I would have waited to purchase mine.

Did everyone get what they wanted? Since I don't use the mousse, I passed but such a great price. I did not see a trio of SC which I use a lot of, unless I missed it.

As summer is coming to a close, we do have those wenderful Fall scents to look forward to. I really like  Tuscan Pear for its clean, fresh scent and the Fall Ginger Pumpkin which is nice on a cool day - of course here in SC we rarely have nice cool days, lol. 

If anyone heard when Chaz is coming back, please share. Happy Wenning!

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN MONTHLY CHAT - September 2021

@riley1 Hey, there! Thanks for starting the month off.

I just read something on Chaz's facebook page that indicates that WEN is now a 100% recyclable company with more sustainability initiatives to come. And it gives a link, which I can't post here due to QVC regulations. What I can say is that Chaz has partnered up with TerraCycle to create a national recycling program for WEN packaging, and then you can sign up and join.

What you do is sign up for the program, if you don't already have a TerraCycle account. Once in the program, you start collecting WEN packages in any box you have. When your collection box is full, you log into your account to download and print a shipping label. You seal up your collection box, put the printed shipping label on it and send UPS.

You can recycle Chaz's "flexible plastic tubes, complex closures (pumps, sprayers, droppers), plastic lip balms, foilpack sample cleansers, plastic brushes, and vulcanized rubber combs."

They encourage you to ship when your box is full of WEN packaging to minimize the transportation carbon footprint for this program. You don't need to clean the packaging before sending it to TerraCycle, but they want you to remove as much of the remaining product as possible. UPS will not accept dripping packages, so you are asked to be sure your items are dry.

Once collected, the packaging is cleaned and melted into hard plastic that can be remolded to make new recycled products, such as park benches and picnic tables.

REWARDS: Shipments in the WEN recycling program can be any weight to earn points,, and 100 points per pound will be awarded. Those points can be allocated toward "a variety of charitable gifts" or redeemed as a payment of $0.01 per point to the non-profit organization o school of your choice. Each piece of WEN packaging sent in will earn approximately 7 TerraCycle points and will be counted based upon an average unit weight of .07 pounds.

"Chaz Dean cares deeply about our health and takes a holistic approach through high-quality products, service, and education because good hair and skincare starts with the individual. He firmly believes what we put onto our hair and skin is as important as what we put into our bodies."

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler - Interesting read, thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 Well, you can bet your sweet bippie that I won't be giving them any of my 32-ounce bottles with LABELS I LOVE!!!! Smiley LOL  I will be keeping those and probably get big bucks selling some of them on eBay to people like me who don't want any changes made to the labels!

Honored Contributor

Oh, forgot to mention.....getting down to the wire for the end of voting. I think the 12th is the last day we can vote.

Honored Contributor

From Chaz:

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 1.08.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 1.08.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 1.08.45 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler - Received my email from Chaz this afternoon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Really tempted to start getting my winter scents. QVC has the cleansing condition for Red Current, Vanilla Mint, Wild Berry, White Citrus, and White Fores; and other winter selections.

Of course, the Fall items are available too: Fresh Apple, Ginger Pumpkin, Plum Pear, Tuscan Pear, and Vanilla Pumpkin.

So glad that QVC is letting him sell more than one season at a time!

Honored Contributor

If anyone picks up the Winter Vanilla Mint oil, please confirm that the label is STILL this beautiful icy blue and not the green.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 5.19.30 PM.png

Respected Contributor

Thanks @riley1  Happy Sept to all !  It was great to see Chaz, hoping for more air time going forward.

@World Traveler 

I agree, I save everything of my Wen purchases, I would never have anything to recycle really, but it's a good idea for those who don't. I have more bags for pumps, than you could imagine! lol lol

*but no blue labels or I would give them to you...Smiley Happy