WEN

Respected Contributor

Question about dry oil sprays

I decided that if I wanted to be sure my question got noticed, I shouldn't bury it in one of the other dry oil threads, but start a new one.  So, my question is:

Are there going to be other formulas of the dry oil, or is it only ever going to be made in 319/613?

I resisted ordering when it was first offered, thinking I didn't "need" it, but you all know how THAT goes, lol, of COURSE I need it!  However, I'm not a big fan of the 613 scent combo, and even the hints of that fragrance in 319 isn't my fave.  I think I can live without the dry oil for a few months if I know that I will be able to get the produce in something like PJP or some of the other seasonals.  If it will never be made in anything but 613/319, then I'll order the 319 on waitlist and hope it arrives some time next month.  TIA, fellow WENNERS!

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about dry oil sprays

At this point, I don’t think we know.  Since it’s a brand new product, I would say that if this goes the way of past WEN products, it’s going to depend on the sales of these oils and the demand of customers (like yourself!).  If the 613/319 don’t sell well, I don’t see how there would be any further scents.  If the 613/319 sell out consistently and everyone is clamoring for additional scents, then sure, Chaz tries to accommodate his customers.

At any rate, I wouldn’t expect the dry oils in any other scents for anytime soon.  Having said that, I’ll also say that I have no inside knowledge that this is true or not.  There are other Wenners here that probably have more information than I about these things.

P.S.  I have the dry oils and it’s great!  Just to tempt you a little...😄😉

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette, I agree. 

@CamilleP, at this point it's hard to know but it will most likely depend on demand. I have it in 319 and I really don't notice a scent when spraying it on. I haven't sniffed the open bottle. 

Test: I just did 6 sprays of the dry oil on my arm and sniffed. There is a light oil scent. I rubbed it in and it dissipates almost completely. 1 mist of FTP RTM and I smell like FTP.

So there is a slight scent when applying a good amount but it really wasn't that noticeable to me until I actually smelled my arm. I would think applying something like the PJP fragrance would easily overpower the dry oil to leave a scent you prefer. 

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

@CamilleP  I would guess that if this becomes popular, stays a big seller and Chaz gets enough requests for other scents that he would then do that for these as he has for us in other products. He’s really awesome like that and listens to his customers.

Respected Contributor

Thankss, everyone, I guess I'll get on waitlist for the 319 and hope it comes in!