WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Gallon size

@Suebdoo...I love my smart funnel. I couldn’t remember when I suggested it which WENner turned me onto it; now I remember it was you!! Thanks again!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I have never had a problem with a gallon pump. In terms of bottom of the bottle - I use Flip-it they work really well. I think today is free shipping too. 

Respected Contributor

@untitled wrote:

I have never had a problem with a gallon pump. In terms of bottom of the bottle - I use Flip-it they work really well. I think today is free shipping too. 

@untitled I use the flip- it on my bottles of 319 SC. They work so well. 

Honored Contributor

I've never had an issue with my gallon pumps, and I've had quite a few. It's easy to refill smaller bottles just take off the lid and pump into the bottle. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@untitled wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom I don't like to squeeze bottles, especially in the shower.  I got the Smart Funnel after seeing it recommended on here a couple years ago.  @SurferWife got it after I told her about it.  You can transfer from 1 bottle to another.  This way I can still pump away !  Plus it makes making my favorite frankenWEN Bottles a piece of cake😜.  In fact I am working on my summer gallon bottle as we speak.  A little bit of every WEN summer CC to fill it up!  I mix em all together anyway so might as well gallonize(made up word of the day)😁 Smells awesome!

Esteemed Contributor

@ugabugabooooo wrote:

I'm new to WEN.  I have tried the 32 oz Peony one and the 16 oz 319. I am debating on a gallon size of each.  I have nowhere to set a gallon in my shower (much less 2 of them).  My question is, how difficult is it to transfer the product from the gallon size to an empty 32 oz or 16 oz bottle?  I have read where the pumps do not work that great on the gallon size and it seems too thick to pour.  As long as the pump works I suppose it would go smoothly but I was wondering if anyone else did this and if they had run into any issues.   Thanks!  

Welcome @ugabugabooooo! I have never had any problems with the gallon pumps working so pumping them into the smaller bottles initially should not be a problem. The problem you hear about is when the CC amount gets below where the pump reaches. Some save the screw top the gallon is shipped with and stand it upside down. Wen CS suggests doing this and then emptying the CC into a plactic baggie, cutting a corner and then lsqueezing the CC into the smaller container (like cake icing). Hopefully the others will share things they have found work. Again, welcome! The ladies are great and super helpful here.

@ugabugabooooo wrote:

I'm new to WEN.  I have tried the 32 oz Peony one and the 16 oz 319. I am debating on a gallon size of each.  I have nowhere to set a gallon in my shower (much less 2 of them).  My question is, how difficult is it to transfer the product from the gallon size to an empty 32 oz or 16 oz bottle?  I have read where the pumps do not work that great on the gallon size and it seems too thick to pour.  As long as the pump works I suppose it would go smoothly but I was wondering if anyone else did this and if they had run into any issues.   Thanks!  

Welcome @ugabugabooooo! I have never had any problems with the gallon pumps working so pumping them into the smaller bottles initially should not be a problem. The problem you hear about is when the CC amount gets below where the pump reaches. Some save the screw top the gallon is shipped with and stand it upside down. Wen CS suggests doing this and then emptying the CC into a plactic baggie, cutting a corner and then lsqueezing the CC into the smaller container (like cake icing). Hopefully the others will share things they have found work. Again, welcome! The ladies are great and super helpful here.

Welcome @ugabugabooooo.  Intially pumping into smaller bottles is no problem as @AmericanBulldogMom stated.  When it gets down low I use the "flip it" purchased here to stand the gallon upside down, this ensures you get every last drop .  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suebdoo wrote:

@untitled wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom I don't like to squeeze bottles, especially in the shower.  I got the Smart Funnel after seeing it recommended on here a couple years ago.  @SurferWife got it after I told her about it.  You can transfer from 1 bottle to another.  This way I can still pump away !  Plus it makes making my favorite frankenWEN Bottles a piece of cake😜.  In fact I am working on my summer gallon bottle as we speak.  A little bit of every WEN summer CC to fill it up!  I mix em all together anyway so might as well gallonize(made up word of the day)😁 Smells awesome!

@Suebdoo What do you do then with the 319 SC (styling cream) bottles? The SC is too thick for the pump they come with and the the Flip-it has been the best solution I have found.

Super Contributor

Thanks to everyone for the welcome's and advice.  I just saw the Beauty IQ steal package with the 32 oz 319, treatment spray, styling cream and lotion for $68. I ordered 4 on easy pay.  That will give me my gallon of 319 and for $68 more than just the gallon alone,  I get 4 styling creams, 4 lotions and 4 treatment mists!  

I have not tried the rice formula's but I pre ordered the TSV for Nov in Tea Tree, Rice and Seasonals on auto delivery.  Thank God for easy pay!  My credit card is smokin!  The two ended funnel sounds like a good idea.  I also got the 8 oz remoist with comb Saturday when Chaz was here.  I may wait on the gallon of Peony and just do the TSV in seasonals instead. The TSV is a better deal and this is getting expensive!   Thanks again to all that replied and for the warm welcomes! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ugabugabooooo wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the welcome's and advice.  I just saw the Beauty IQ steal package with the 32 oz 319, treatment spray, styling cream and lotion for $68. I ordered 4 on easy pay.  That will give me my gallon of 319 and for $68 more than just the gallon alone,  I get 4 styling creams, 4 lotions and 4 treatment mists!  

I have not tried the rice formula's but I pre ordered the TSV for Nov in Tea Tree, Rice and Seasonals on auto delivery.  Thank God for easy pay!  My credit card is smokin!  The two ended funnel sounds like a good idea.  I also got the 8 oz remoist with comb Saturday when Chaz was here.  I may wait on the gallon of Peony and just do the TSV in seasonals instead. The TSV is a better deal and this is getting expensive!   Thanks again to all that replied and for the warm welcomes! 

@ugabugabooooo, smart shopping. You have also just stocked up for quite a bit so enjoy your new Wen stash! Many of us swear by the NIBT and stock up in the 20 oz. My husband is even hooked now and refuses to go back to regular lotion, lol. 

#IAmTeamWen