WEN

Super Contributor

Re: How Long do you Re-Moist?

Last night was my first time trying Remoist! I used my new FTP from the TSV kit. I left it in overnight and rinsed out this morning. I love how my hair feels now, but I even liked how my hair was this morning with the Remoist still in, it actually was thick and had body! So loving FTP! Both the scent and performance. 

Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@SurferWife  I very seldom re-moist overnight. I usually will rinse it out after an hour but have left it in for a couple hours. I really can't tell much difference when I leave it in longer than an hour. For me it seems a little easier to rinse out if I don't let my hair get completely dry.

@SurferWife I generally remoist overnight (lol, and sometimes leave it in for as long as 24 hours). but the truth is that, like @FleaMktQn , I don't see much difference between a 24 hour treatment and a one hour treatment which I will occasionally do when I'm just tooo lazy to keep it in longer. Smiley Wink

That said, I have VERY porous,baby fine hair and so my hair just doesn't absorb that much product no matter what I do. 

Because of this, I actually don't use much of the remoist each time I do a treatment because it's just wasted on my hair. -- Initially I used the amount that Chaz recommended but, over time, I used less and less while getting the same results. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

I agree with @FleaMktQn.  I think I've only ever done an overnight re-moist treatment once or twice. I have an oily scalp so if I cleanse and re-moist at night, by the time I have to rinse it out my scalp is starting to get oily again so it's kind of pointless for me to leave it in overnight. I'm not very good when it comes to remembering to use the re-moist so it mostly sits in my cabinet but if I finally do remember to use it, I'll leave it in for about an hour. Sometimes I just add some to my second cleanse.

@HSB1204  My scalp is oily too, and when I re-moisted overnight I always felt like I still needed to cleanse the next morning to get it all out. And like @SurferWife my scalp could get a little itchy doing it overnight. My hair could feel kinda crispy too.

I would rather sleep in the oils Heart

@FleaMktQn  I agree. I like the overnight oil treatments much better. I'm doing one tonight with the SHL oil and I added some to my ends as well. Heart

@HSB1204  and @FleaMktQn I also do the overnight Treatment Oil treatments (2-33 times a week) much more frequently than the remoist treatments (every 2-3 weeks).

For me I feel that the Treatment Oils do a better job of penetrating my hair shaft, and they give me great scalp treatments. -- Before I put an overnight remoist treatment on my hair, I always put Treatment Oil on my scalp. I put the Treatment Oil on my hands and then apply it to my scalp so that it doesn't soak through th rest of my hair.

As I understand it, while the some of the oils in the remoist do absorb into the hair cuticle, it's more of an outer coating... so when I cleanse my hair the next morning, I always feel like I wasting it a bit. I do have to cleanse my hair the following morning becasue the remoist makes my hair oily.

I find that I get different results with the overnight Treatment Oils and the overnight Remoists... though I have a tough time describing the diferences them make on my hair.

Basically, the Treatment Oils work better for my hair which is why I use them more frequently. -- That said, when I do an overnight remoist (every 2-3 weeks) I feel like it sort of makes my hair pop. But if I do the Remoists more frequently, I don't notice the same pop.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sznk...I’m not sure if you’re addressing me or the entire group, but when I use re-moist as my leave-in, I use it by itself. I don’t combine it with the CC. It’s one or the other for me.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 I remember when you finally decided to try the oils....after resisting them. 😜  

I sometimes use a tiny bit of remoist mixed with my CC leave in for about a week after I've dyed my locks.

@Souperkrys I know what you mean about the next morning and your hair looks pretty good even before rinsing the remoist out.  I've been known to put it up with a clip or use a headband and go do errands😁

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suebdoo

Good! So now I know I won’t be the only one leaving the house with Remoist on 😁