WEN

Valued Contributor
On 5/30/2014 Auntie-lolo said: Any info on SHP yet or is it too soon? Also, which oils have you had good success using on your face? I have very dry skin and have used the oil from Josie Maran and Fresh and they were nice, but it would be nice to use Wen for everything
I'm sorry I didn't see your question earlier. I am one of the oils biggest fans! Lol! I have been using them on my scalp and skin for months and I'm in love!! I use LAV oil on my face mostly. But recently I've been using the SHP with good results. I was having breakouts once a month and that has stopped. I even noticed that a few fine lines and wrinkles have decreased! I also mix 1/2 dropper with 1 pump of the Wen body lotion for my legs and arms! My dry problem skin has improved sooooooo much!! I also have a rare form of psoriasis and that has completely cleared up! Even with prescription creams and ointments, I've never had this good of results. I will agree with Chaz and say, I can't make any medical claims, but for ME, these oils are Amazing and I will always have a stockpile! Hope you like them too!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Esteemed Contributor

Bethany, when you use the oils on your face, do you add them to your moisturizer or instead of?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor
DUP post
Valued Contributor
On 6/19/2014 BethanyB said:
On 6/19/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Bethany, when you use the oils on your face, do you add them to your moisturizer or instead of?

I have been using them instead of. But I now have to use a little of my old moisturizer with the oil, and I'm not happy about it, because I have to have a sunscreen. I really wish Chaz comes out with a sunscreen very soon! I've mentioned it to Dooters, the horse, and to Chaz via Facebook. But if I'm not going outside then I just use them straight up! Lol! No breakouts, no oil skin, nothing but amazing results! Like I said, oil addict and proud! Lol!
Respected Contributor
I saw a few oil questions. This thread may help.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Contributor

Thank you for bumping this, Hilary! Smile

Honored Contributor

This thread provides a lot of great information about the properties of the Wen Treatment Oils. It's really worthwhile to read through the entire thread. In addition to Hilary's initial post, some of the most interesting posts include #3, #8, #32, #39, #59 (on SMC), #60, #130 (on SOB), #131 (full ingredients listings for all the oils), #132, #161 and #166.

Clicking on this Benefits of Oils link will take you to the beginning of Hilary's thread. Additionally, Hilary has an I Am Even More in Love With the Wen Oils!!! thread has even more great information about the oils. Enjoy!! -- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor
Any tips on how to apply for a scalp treatment? I did 4 dropper fulls. It didn't seem like very much as I was applying it but oh boy did my hair end up quite the oily mess Smiley Surprised I applied it in four stripes along my scalp. This morning I'm thinking drops all over might have been better. I'm gal to see this thread so I can ask
Trusted Contributor
On 6/23/2014 bichon_emma said: Any tips on how to apply for a scalp treatment? I did 4 dropper fulls. It didn't seem like very much as I was applying it but oh boy did my hair end up quite the oily mess Smiley Surprised I applied it in four stripes along my scalp. This morning I'm thinking drops all over might have been better. I'm gal to see this thread so I can ask

I use between three and four droppers for my scalp, and one for the length of my hair. Some people apply in sections, some "dot" it on. I personally start at the top of my head, at my front hairline and dispense a little bit as I move the dropper backwards, towards the nape of my neck. I make about three passes with each dropper full, about an inch or so apart. Once my head is covered in several "lines" of oil, I massage in really well. (Like you, my hair is an oily mess at this point.) I then add an dropper to the palm of my hands and work into the length of my hair. I pull it into a ponytail or bun and that's it.

Super Contributor
On 6/23/2014 bichon_emma said: Any tips on how to apply for a scalp treatment? I did 4 dropper fulls. It didn't seem like very much as I was applying it but oh boy did my hair end up quite the oily mess Smiley Surprised I applied it in four stripes along my scalp. This morning I'm thinking drops all over might have been better. I'm gal to see this thread so I can ask

The best way to apply the oils is one dropperful per quadrant of your head - right front, right back, left front, left back. Start at the crown on each section and run the dropper down your scalp as you release the oil. Do this 4 times for each dropperful, then move on to the next section. Then massage it in by getting your fingers under your hair and directly on your scalp. This distributes the oil on your scalp and very little gets on your hair.

I have fine straight hair, but if you have very curly, thick or AA hair, Chaz has recommended using the same amount but doing what you said - drops scattered around your head, then massage it in.

BTW, a dropperful is just what you pull up with one "dip" in the bottle - it's usually a little more than half way up the tube.

HTH