WEN

Respected Contributor

I recently got the idea to research some of the oils on the Internet. I am not an expert, but here is what I found. I just googled each oil and took some notes about what was interesting. I wanted to share with everyone.

Sweet Almond Peppermint Oil-Peppermint oil-stimulates hair follicles, hydrates. Sweet almond oil-helps eczema, prevents hair loss, adds shine and strength. May Chang Fruit Oil-treats acne, helps eczema, and can be used as an insect repellant. Jasmine oil-tames frizz, adds shine, protects from heat, helps dry scalp

Pomegranate Rosemary Oil- revitalizes dull, dry hair, provides elasticity to skin, helps with wrinkles, helps eczema and psoriasis, helps collagen production. Rosemary oil- promotes hair growth and thickness, darkens hair-good for grays. Grapefruit Peel oil-promotes hair growth, treats dandruff, adds shine, regulates oil.

Tea Tree Eucalyptus Oil- Tea tree oil-removes build-up on the hair shaft from minerals in water, normalizes oily and dry hair, helps unclog blocked hair follicles, increases circulation to hair follicles, removes dead skin cells that inhibit hair growth, helps with dandruff, repels lice. rosemary oil-promotes hair growth and thickness, darkens hair. peppermint oil-hydrates, stimulates hair follicles. eucalyptus oil-controls dandruff, helps dry scalp, mild psoriasis, adds shine, promotes elasticity.

Cucumber Thyme Oil -thyme oil-promotes hair growth, luster, shine, and bounce. Mandarin Orange Peel oil-maintains moisture balance on skin. Bergamot oil-adds sheen, repairs damage, promotes hair growth, helps frizz, protects from heat, helps psoriasis.

Fig Sweet Orange Oil-balsam peru oil- helps dry skin and eczema. sweet orange oil-promotes production of collagen, soothes dry skin. cedarwood oil-helps acne and rashes, balances dry and oily hair and skin, regulates sebum, stimulates hair growth, reduces hair loss, controls dandruff. Ylang Ylang oil-thickens hair shaft, balances scalp oil production, helps split ends, helps eczema.

Lavender Mint Oil- lavender oil-repels lice, calming, promotes hair growth, reduces sebum. peppermint oil-stimulates hair follicles, hydrates.

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor
On 12/31/2013 bebe777 said:
On 12/18/2013 FinnyMinny said:
On 12/18/2013 Hilary77 said: I just love the oils!!

Oils are my everything.

Woot woot!

Contributor
So I'm seeing that the rosemary oil in tea tree darkens hair. Has anyone noticed that? Particularly blonde hair. I just started on a tea tree oil routine but I don't want to sacrifice my Goldie locks :/ Any input on this?
Honored Contributor

Well it sure didn't do anything to darken my gray roots LOL.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor
On 10/13/2013 Kjelle said: Thanks again. I may have to try the Fig. Can you smell the sweet orange at all?

I love the scent of the fig oil and I probably would love the pom oil too as I use fig and pom CC (SB, SMC & 613). I know some people don't care for the fig scent and it appears that if you don't like fig, you will like tea tree. The reverse holds true for me at least.

Respected Contributor
AGV, this is the thread I mentioned in the other post. Smiley Happy
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the list. I picked up some sweet orange and rosemary essential oils to add to my tea tree hair oil mix ( jojoba, sweet almond and argan carrier oils).

Respected Contributor
On 1/7/2014 DogLvr said:
On 10/13/2013 Kjelle said: Thanks again. I may have to try the Fig. Can you smell the sweet orange at all?

I love the scent of the fig oil and I probably would love the pom oil too as I use fig and pom CC (SB, SMC & 613). I know some people don't care for the fig scent and it appears that if you don't like fig, you will like tea tree. The reverse holds true for me at least.

I also love the scent of the Fig oil, but the Pom oil is very heavy on the rosemary to my nose. I like the scent of rosemary, but not to wear...it's a very mannish smell to me. I was hoping the Pom oil would be more of a sweeter, fruity scent (like the Pom mousse, which to my nose smells like the Pom CC without the menthol). This is a weird mix to me and I won't repurchase. I wish I had gotten to smell the old Pom Bath, Body and Hair oil before the reformulation adding the rosemary.

Honored Contributor

Oh man, the sweet orange and rosemary essential oils added to my tea tree mix makes it smell really good but not over powering. I'm using it today for the first time with the new additions.

Respected Contributor
I just wanted to add that sweet almond mint oil is awesome for a stuffy nose. The minty vapors are really helpful for opening the sinuses. I'm sure the tea tree and lavender mint oils would work just as well. Another great use for the oils!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!