Frequent Contributor

I just saw a posting by a travel advisor in Rome and she said the days right now go from cool, to warm mid day, and cool again at night. She advised bringing/wearing layers. I have very lightweight backpack (Eddie Bauer) that rolls up in a tiny ball. I take this for days out like that so I can pack my layers in the backpack if I'm not near my lodging. Hope this helps!

Occasional Contributor

I have spent a month in Italy, I used packing cubes when I packed which helped.  Only took a 20-inch carry on and a tote.  Check with the airlines regarding luggage size, and do not forget there is usually a weight limit on the carry ons.  

I packed capries, t-shirts, a couple of dresses, sandles and a good pair of walking shoes.  There will be cobble stone streets and stairs.  Don't forget to pack a shawl or something like that.  Most of the churches require to have your shoulders covered.  

You will love Florence, you will need more than one day there.

Have fun!

Trusted Contributor

Lucky you!  

I love Italy and am lucky to have been there several times chaperoning our high school trips.  

My favorite is Sorrento - just love everything about it.  Florence is a very close second.  

Our trip in 2018, we drove the Amalfi coast, Positano, along with Rome, Pompeii & Florence.  Also visited Sorrento and Capri.  In 2020 we stopped in Orvietto and Puglia.  

I just love it there.  Would love to see the towns of my parents. 

Have a wonderful time.

Super Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

Lucky you!  

I love Italy and am lucky to have been there several times chaperoning our high school trips.  

My favorite is Sorrento - just love everything about it.  Florence is a very close second.  

Our trip in 2018, we drove the Amalfi coast, Positano, along with Rome, Pompeii & Florence.  Also visited Sorrento and Capri.  In 2020 we stopped in Orvietto and Puglia.  

I just love it there.  Would love to see the towns of my parents. 

Have a wonderful time.

Thank you so much!!

that is basically our itinerary, except for Capri!!  everyone i know who has been there, never wants to leave!  i already feel like it can't wait to go back and see more and i have not even left yet!!