Valued Contributor

Re: Who’s planning a trip?

It’s so neat to hear where you all plan to go! Hawaii has been on my list of places I’d love to visit my whole life. My only hesitation is how long the flight is!

I've also been interested in visiting Peru, Vietnam, and Switzerland. DH wants to go on an African safari. We’ll definitely be able to travel more after he retires, which is still about 10 years away. Our excursions may be limited depending on finances then.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Natureluvr  Don't want to burst your bubble, but health concerns come into play also.  Ten years is a long time.  If you can, go NOW!!

I find it sad that people look forward to traveling when they retire and then either for financial or more probably health reasons cannot.

Esteemed Contributor

@Natureluvr wrote:
It’s so neat to hear where you all plan to go! Hawaii has been on my list of places I’d love to visit my whole life. My only hesitation is how long the flight is!

I've also been interested in visiting Peru, Vietnam, and Switzerland. DH wants to go on an African safari. We’ll definitely be able to travel more after he retires, which is still about 10 years away. Our excursions may be limited depending on finances then.

I learned a life lesson in my early 40s about waiting too long to travel.

At that time two of the pyramids were open to crawling in, I mean duck waddle in the dust with no ventilation at 95 degrees. 

When I came out the old ones crowded around for my description of the crypts.

Vowed I would do a big trip every few years.  And I did.

Valued Contributor

@kaydee50 @Still Raining
Good points! I’ll take that into account as we plan future trips. Thank you for bringing those concerns to my attention! 😊
Honored Contributor

@Natureluvr @I'm on SE PA so not far from you. Have you been to Cape May, NJ (lots of B&Bs), Jim Thorpe, PA or Asseteague, VA? They are all within a reasonable driving distance and are lovely vacation spots.

I'm going on a Viking European river cruise this summer! It's the first time I will be traveling abroad since before Covid. I'm excited!

Respected Contributor

We just returned from a cruise. Have another short one planned for August and a 10 day in December. 

Pretty much we've book these as it's the last year for Carnival to sail out of Charleston and it's the port closest to us. Oldest ship in the fleet and showing it's age, but it's convenient and nice to get away from everything. 

Valued Contributor

@haddon9 - In the past, I’ve been to Cape May, Jim Thorp, and Assateague ( (Maryland side) and enjoyed them all! A river cruise sounds exciting! My friend’s mom went on one and loved it. Have a great time and let us know how you liked it when you get back!
Esteemed Contributor

I’m leaving for Poland on May 3rd (may do a live report while there; hard to do after the fact 😕)

I have trips planned for August and November as well, but don’t include them until final payment is made. To be honest, I have trips planned through beginning of 2026.
Valued Contributor

@Alter Ego - Ooooo, Poland! That sounds like an interesting place to visit! Have you been there before?
Esteemed Contributor

@Natureluvr wrote:
@Alter Ego- Ooooo, Poland! That sounds like an interesting place to visit! Have you been there before?

Never.  I couldn't go on my original tour and this was chosen literally because it fit my calendar.  Krakow and the countryside.  Honestly, I've never thought about going there previously, but I'm looking forward to it!