Valued Contributor
Curious if you are planning any vacations this summer (or fall or winter) ?
My DH and I try to go somewhere every year. Every so often, we do a big trip. We went to Monterey, CA in 2019 and drove up the coast to San Francisco, then over to Yosemite. Last year we vacationed in Antigua, which was a gift from my daughter. 😊💕

Most of the time we like to go to places within a few hours from us and have come to really enjoy Bed & Breakfasts! I’ve been looking at a few places recently but haven’t decided on one yet.

Options includes:
Wernersville, PA
Newton, NJ
Salisbury Mills, NY
Rock Hall, MD
Gloucester, VA
Respected Contributor

Re: Who’s planning a trip?

[ Edited ]

I live in Missouri, and we are going to the tri-mountain region of Arkansas (Mount Magazine, Mount Nebo, and Petit Jean Mountain) in November to hike.  The leaves should be glorious.

My husband and I have never been big on beach vacations.  We like to be active, be in nature, and enjoy the scenery that hiking provides.  We also enjoy trips seeing places of interest and/or history.

We enjoy renting Airbnb's.  We have a whole house to ourselves, a kitchen, privacy, and usually...gorgeous views.  It's very relaxing to not be cooped up in a single room while on vacation.

Honored Contributor

In addition to a trip to NYC, we have a couple of cruises booked for this year.  We like to travel!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I live in Florida but I am from New England. I am going to Hampton Beach, NH, Maine, Rhode Island and Massachusetts. I will have lots of Lobster, boating, and see my relatives. 

My uncle is in a nursing home and not well. He is 90. I am hopefully going to see him, my aunt, and cousins in Massachusetts. 

Honored Contributor

we go to the delmarva beaches frequently all year long, but definitely much more in the summer and early fall.

we will also be going to hawaii in june!

we recently went to new orleans.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@Natureluvr  Yes, planning a trip to the Big Island of Hawaii for our 12 year anniversary. I have enough airline miles to partially fly first class which we have never done before and on my bucket list of to dos. We went to Maui 10 years ago and fell in love with the beauty and the people. He loves the Ocean and I love the mountains so it's a place we both love. My other dream trips would be Iceland, a train trip through the Swiss Alps, and New Zealand. Haven't been out of the US except for a short trip to Canada. 

Respected Contributor

We're going to Bedford, Virginia for a week in July with my sister and her husband. Bedford's located near the Blue Ridge Mountains in western Virginia. Our late Aunt was born and raised there. In going through her things while preparing her house for sale, we came across quite a bit of literature on Bedford and thought it would make a nice trip. We're staying at an inn where we'll have an entire house to ourselves and exclusive use of the pool. This is very different from past vacations, where we went to the Outer Banks for 2 weeks, so it should be fun. 

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

we go to the delmarva beaches frequently all year long, but definitely much more in the summer and early fall.

we will also be going to hawaii in june!

we recently went to new orleans.

@sunshine45 We have a second home in Rehoboth.  DD and our cat are staying there now as we are having some construction done to the outside of our home in northern Delaware and they are there to get away from the noise.  We will go down every other weekend until the construction is done.  We are also staying there for two weeks in June and two weeks in August when I can work remotely in the mornings only.  DH is professor and his classes are mostly on-line. 

Respected Contributor

@Natureluvr 

I'm truly envious of all the wonderful places you've been and may be planning to go.😃❤️. They all sound wonderful to me. I hope you have a terrific time where ever you decide on going.🌸

As of yet, I don't have any plans this year.  Maybe something will change and I'll get to go somewhere fabulous!🤞

Esteemed Contributor

My DH and I are going to Italy this summer.  I still have relatives there.  Haven't been there since 2019.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.