Trusted Contributor

Re: What’s the Big Deal About Buc-ee’s?

Their BAKERY!!!!!

Respected Contributor

The only time I went in one it was so crowded that I turned around and left.  I'm not a huge fan of convenience-type stores. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From Axios©

• What exactly is Buc-ee's? Our Axios Dallas colleague Michael Mooney once REMOVAL OF LINK "Picture a high-end flea market crossed with the nicest Fina station you've been to, then add a touch of truck-stop diner, and then give the whole place a slight theme-park vibe."
  • It seems like you can buy just about anything, from standard gas station fare to cooking utensils, windchimes, clothing, books, stuffed animals, wine glasses and even a barbecue pit.
♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

One just opened 20 minutes from me. It's the only one in missouri. My husband's family has been there numerous times, but I don't really understand why. We've not been, and it's been open for several months. Every time we go by there, we say we're going to stop sometime, but we haven't yet. Pretty sure I'll be unimpressed with it.

@Ainhisg - we're in Branson, so that's the one we stopped at!  Small world.  

@JeanLouiseFinch it is!  You're the first person on here (that I know of) who is from SW Missouri.  I live in Springfield.  We drive by Buc-ee's on the way to church or when going to either of our respective families.  At some point, we'll stop to see what the big deal is, but we just haven't taken the time yet.  My husband's brother goes on and on about several of the food items that he gets there.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never heard of Buc-ees being from the northeast.  I do remember years ago when driving to Florida there was a place called, "South of the Border".  It sounds similar...tacky and a place to buy junk, food & gas.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

One just opened 20 minutes from me. It's the only one in missouri. My husband's family has been there numerous times, but I don't really understand why. We've not been, and it's been open for several months. Every time we go by there, we say we're going to stop sometime, but we haven't yet. Pretty sure I'll be unimpressed with it.

@JeanLouiseFinch it is!  You're the first person on here (that I know of) who is from SW Missouri.  I live in Springfield.  We drive by Buc-ee's on the way to church or when going to either of our respective families.  At some point, we'll stop to see what the big deal is, but we just haven't taken the time yet.  My husband's brother goes on and on about several of the food items that he gets there.  

@Ainhisg - oh, I'm not from Missouri.  I'm from NW Indiana.  We're on a trip to Branson for a Christian music event called PRAISEFEST that's taking place this week.  It's our first time here.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Ainhisg - oh, I'm not from Missouri.  I'm from NW Indiana.  We're on a trip to Branson for a Christian music event called PRAISEFEST that's taking place this week.  It's our first time here.  

Oh, I misunderstood, obviously!  lol  I hope you enjoy our area of the country and have an uplifting, joyous time at Praisefest!

Respected Contributor

The clean bathrooms are the biggest draw for me. I mean they are clean! 

Respected Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles    I've driven past, but never stopped.  They're essentially a GIGANTIC truck stop.  I think their claim to fame is having over 100 gas pumps and a bunch of food vendors inside.

However, the people I do know who have stopped say there are ZERO tables or places to eat your food inside.  You have to go out to your car.  Sounds crazy to me.

Respected Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@SaveTheTurtles    I've driven past, but never stopped.  They're essentially a GIGANTIC truck stop.  I think their claim to fame is having over 100 gas pumps and a bunch of food vendors inside.

However, the people I do know who have stopped say there are ZERO tables or places to eat your food inside.  You have to go out to your car.  Sounds crazy to me.

@cheriere :  You are correct, no places to eat your food.....not a big fan either.  I really don't understand the fascination either, lots of gas pumps, stations for EV cars, lots of merchandise and food.  It's really big and I hate crowded areas with various categories for purchase.  I did purchase some fudge and it was good...other than that I would never drive out of my way to go there.