Honored Contributor

What’s the Big Deal About Buc-ee’s?

I see people posting on Facebook about Buc-ee's and what an awesome place it is.  As luck would have it, one was on our travel route so we stopped. I wasn't impressed.  🦫🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

Re: What’s the Big Deal About Buc-ee’s?

@JeanLouiseFinch     I ALWAYS wonder the SAME thing!!!  Unless I just absolutely had to stop there for gas, there's no way I'd fight through all the people and parking lot just to walk around in there.  They even sell branded merchandise so others will know you've been there lol.

I just don't get it either

Super Contributor

I really don't get it either.  There's one about 45 minutes from my hometown.  My sister loves stopping there.  I do like the homemade fudge, and their public bathroom was immaculate with two attendants stationed in there to clean each time I've been.  Overall, it seemed like a cross between a grocery store, gas station, and TJ Maxx homegoods section with some clothes thrown in.  Things seemed a bit pricey, so easy pass for me.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of it.  Where are they??

Trusted Contributor

Quite a few in Texas. Think mostly southern states.
Honored Contributor

I don't know either. We got one about 30-45 minutes away last year, but I've never been.  I've even asked others that go there, but whatever it is they tell me doesn't impress me enough to remember.  

Respected Contributor

One just opened 20 minutes from me. It's the only one in missouri. My husband's family has been there numerous times, but I don't really understand why. We've not been, and it's been open for several months. Every time we go by there, we say we're going to stop sometime, but we haven't yet. Pretty sure I'll be unimpressed with it.

Respected Contributor

We don't have any of those here. Never heard of it. Apparently not missing anything.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

One just opened 20 minutes from me. It's the only one in missouri. My husband's family has been there numerous times, but I don't really understand why. We've not been, and it's been open for several months. Every time we go by there, we say we're going to stop sometime, but we haven't yet. Pretty sure I'll be unimpressed with it.

@Ainhisg - we're in Branson, so that's the one we stopped at!  Small world.  

Trusted Contributor

When we are on a road trip, and if there is a Buc-ees we always stop for a gas fill up or to top off the tank.  Their gas prices are always the cheapest around.  We also take the opportunity to use the bathroom.  Immaculate! 

DH and I are fans.  Occasionally I will buy a couple of cookies to much on the road.